Skip to main content

It's About Time!






I know that's what you are thinking. Where have they been? Well, lets examine that question. We ended up at my parents house for 5 weeks. We had promised them it would be no more than 2. No one was very happy about the delays. We finally moved into our house on December 5. Qwest screwed up our order for transferring our phone and internet (over and over and over) so we finally got those the 29th of December, hence I have taken so long to update. So after moving in we had Nate's 4th birthday, and then Christmas. All through my pregnancy I had envisioned sitting in the recliner at my parents house on Christmas trying not to be in labor. My doctor said I'd make it to the new year, i said that my goal was to get past Christmas. Well, Christmas eve came and went, no labor. Christmas Day came and went, no labor. I thought that maybe I'd actually make it to closer to my due date this time, or at least into the New Year. December 26th I spent the morning putting away presents and got really tired in early afternoon, so I went downstairs and took a nap on the couch. When I woke up around 3 I felt a little crampy but passed it off as having napped on a full bladder. By 4:30 that crampy feeling was coming and going, by 5:30 it was at every 6 minutes, but not painful at all. By 8 we had called to see if Nate could sleep over at Boppy and Grampy's house, the Crampy feelings were 4.5 minutes apart and starting to get uncomfortable. By 9 they had gone to 3 minutes apart and painful so off we went to the hospital. When we got there I was at a 4, contractions every 2 minutes, I asked for the epidural. By 11 I had my epidural and there was no break between the contractions (thank heavens for that epi) I was at a 6. Then the nurses and my doctor noted that every time I contracted (almost non stop) Emmy's heart rate was dropping way off, I think Andrew said it was going into the 70's (from the 140-160's) They thought that her cord was between her head and the opening, and getting pinched with every contraction. So by 11:30 I was being prepped for a C-Section and she arrived at 12:05 am December 27th. She was 4 weeks early, 6lbs 2 oz, 19.5 inches long. She's perfect. She came home with me on Monday December 29th. She is a happy mellow baby, and we are all smitten with her. Especially Nathan. He loves to kiss her and help us take care of her. I have been absolutely amazed at how easy the transition has been from 1 kid to 2. We are all doing well and very happy.

Comments

congratulations again!! more pictures of the little kiddo.
Hello hello! I'm so glad you have a blog. Emmy is sooooooo cute! I can't wait to see her. Miss you guys. Sounds like your delivery was a bit rough. Hope you're feeling better! xoxo
the stone fam:) said…
that is awesome congrats on the baby if you could have just waited then she could have been born on my b day and ashley had her baby on the 28th as well she is so adorable and you know i would say just go with the flow i am all bout having babies it happens when its supposed to right its the best thing in the world so just do it!! you should call me and i can cut it for you we were supposed to color it but never got around to it so just call me and i am so glad that you are back in the blogging world
the stone fam:) said…
k well i am still waiting to hear from you! also you need to update your blog we need new pics of the baby!! love ya