Skip to main content

Announcing a new addition and other updates...

Well, It's not a great picture, she's too wiggly. Her name is Molly, she is now 8 weeks old. She is a Chocolate Lab, and she is amazing. Exhausting, but a wonderful dog. She is gentle and smart and we love her. I am going insane keeping up with my three children, but it is good, in a few months, when she is a little less baby I might get some time to myself again. MMmmm, maybe...

Andrew is working a second job, apparently just because he enjoys it. It is a Home Health group, he is a nurse that does home visits. Right now in orientation he is working all the time, but supposedly in a week or so it'll just be a few visits a week, like one day a week. He is also still enjoying (most of the time) his regular job as a nurse, and looking forward to starting his last semester as a RN student in a few weeks.

As I have said before, I am taking care of my three "kids". That's about it for now. I am lucky when I get the chores done and can read a page or two in Jane Eyre each day.
I am really missing my scrapbook/cardmaking stuff, especially my new Cricut that I hardly get to use, as the kids never nap at the same time!!

Nate is excited for Preschool to start, we have had some confusion about what school he is going to, but I think that is about all cleared up. I just feel bad because he needs little in the way of a preschool education except for socialization. He knows all his letters and their sounds, he can read and write a bit and know his numbers up to 30 easy, and probably up to 50, and he knows basic addition.

Emmy is close to crawling. Really close. She also loves baths now that she can sit, and babbles a million miles an hour.

As for the house, we have been busy pulling weeds in the flower beds and getting bark put in them, building a deck out back, putting up a swing set and sandbox, and planting more trees. We have 6 in this year so far, and have 3 more waiting to get put in this week. We are also hoping to get going on the fence soon. I really wish I could have someone else do it, but I hate to even think about how much that would cost...Yikes!

We are also, like many others, planning to go private with our blog. We aren't in a rush, but sometime in the semi-near future, so start letting me know if you read our blog. I really feel like I have only about 4 people that do, So be sure to let me know if you do find yourself reading my this.

Comments

JT42 said…
i read it!! :)
i enjoy knowing what's going on because for some reason living in the same town doesn't do it!! ;)
glad things are going well and you're getting progress on the house...
so which preschool is he going to? the same one as mine? what days/times? i can't wait for it to start, just got the info today in the mail!!
Amy said…
I read it!! Good picture of the dog...haha! I say that only because I took it!!
Mandi said…
It's Mandi (Johnson) Barrus, and I've been lurking! Please invite me: mandi (dot) barrus (at) gmail (dot) com

We'd love you to read ours as well; I'll send you an invite if you include your email address.
OSCAR Car Club said…
Your puppy is so cute! Yes, Jake and I read your blog. We just have a hard time keeping up with our own blog. Love you and Miss you TONS!!!