Fall is my mostest favorite time of year. To me it is more a time of fresh newness than spring is. I love the smell of leaves, and cider, and pumpkin spice. I love the briskness in the air. I love the colors, the orange and gold and brown. I love first frost and first snowflakes, the first day of school and first bowl of soup. I am reminded of You've Got Mail, when Meg Ryan talks about wanting a bouquet of freshly sharpened yellow #2 pencils at this time of year. I love pulling out long sleeve shirts and sweaters, getting to wear hoodies and slippers. I love hot choco, and steamers, which I have finally figured out how to sort of recreate at home. I love baking and roasting and simmering foods, I love the preparation for holidays. I love that all of the home decor at the stores matches my house, too bad I am not independently wealthy....There is only one small thing that I don't love - the start of sick season. We've already had puking and runny noses, and I am already sick of it. I just hope we can avoid all varieties of flu, they sure started going around early this year!
Comments