Skip to main content

As Time Goes By

I tell myself that I have nothing to blog about, but as I look back on the last month or so, I realize that there has been plenty. In addition to many more "30 seconds" type moments (see previous post), some good stuff has happened too.

In February Andrew and I left the kids with Grandmas and went to Utah for him to take his NCLEX-RN. He passed, of course, and with flying colors, I am sure. I knew he'd pass, he's good at what he does. He wasn't so sure, but regardless, it's over. He is still working at a skilled nursing facility, and applying for every hospital opening in the area. While in Utah we had a whirlwind mini-vacation. We visited my Grandparents, ate at Andrew's favorite restaurant (Joe's Crab Shack), Saw Avatar in 3D IMAX, visited Cabelas twice, and spent several hours at IKEA. That was my favorite part!

While at IKEA, I got 29 white boxes to organize and store my craft stuff. This was important because I recently realized that my craft area in a back unfinished bedroom in the basement was useless. I had no electricity, but most importantly I was so far from the kids that I couldn't work back there. I decided that what I really needed to do was create a craft area out in the family room. I talked to Andrew about it, and he agreed that it would be a good idea, as long as it looked nice. I wrestled with plans and ideas for days and the whole thing nearly didn't happen when my budget suddenly got cut by about 60%. So while it isn't exactly what I had originally imagined, it is highly functional, and wonderful. I have already gotten more sewing and crafting done in the last week or two, than I probably have in years. I plan to put on some pics soon, I just need to finish a few little bits (valance, message center, etc) that pull the area together.

We are excited for spring, but maybe not so much for summer. Yard work - ugh. Mostly I am excited for sick season to be over. I am so far past done with it. Yuck.

Comments

Meghan said…
I. LOVE. IKEA.

I need some organization in my life too. Maybe it's time I hit Ikea as well...

Glad you figured out how to make your world a little bit more functional.