Skip to main content

30 By My Birthday

Well, here it is, in print. I am ready to commit to losing weight. This isn't about looks, but about health and energy. Well, and maybe about looks a little. This picture taken today was the straw that broke the camel's back:

So my birthday is 22 weeks away, and I want to be down 30 lbs. My biggest opponent has been late evening snacking. When Andrew leaves for work I turn on a movie and munch. I think what I want is a treadmill so instead of eating while I watch, I can walk. What has worked for you? What have you found to help you control the munchies? How have you worked exercise into your married-with-children life? Is anyone else with me? 30 lbs in 22 weeks? You can DO IT! I think I can...I think I can...I hope I can.....

Comments

Yay for you. I've had the same goal in wanting to become more healthier & at least for me it's working. It's hard exercising when you've got little ones, but at least for me, I just do it-30 minutes just for me to reach my goal. I bought my treadmill 5 yrs ago & I've only really been using it now; you've got to really want to use it. Yoga is an easy workout that seems to have helped alot, especially after baby #3; and if you've got a Wii, get a Wii fit or the EA Active (that will work the legs). Have fun & change up your workouts, and have the kids do it with you (my boys will do jackknifes & whatever else with me).
Good Luck.
Amy said…
I like that picture of you guys. It looks nice.
~Jenni M.~ said…
I'm totally with you! Let's do this!!! I've been trying to lose weight for a few years. I lost about 20 pounds last year, but then with all the surgeries and stuff this year, I've gained almost all of it back. It's getting depressing because my knees are starting to hurt more and more, and I just don't feel healthy. I have now refused to let Ryan (or myself) buy any more junkie snack foods!
For exercising, I like to wake up a little early (before Ryan and Nicole are up, and before I have to go to work) and do a Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone DVD. I also have a quick little weight training workout that I do with 3 pound weights. (I say I like to wake up and exercise, and I really do, but I rarely actually do it!...)
Meghan said…
You. Need. A. Workout. Buddy.

I would still be just starting to climb that horrible post-baby weight-loss mountain if it were not for having two fabulous workout friends. We run together some mornings before our husbands leave for work. We try out new classes at the gym that we are all members of, which has an awesome daycare. We sign up for triathlons and half-marathons together. What works for me is that if one of us is slacking off(usually me) the other two are usually on the ball and get me on board to go running or something. I don't usually have to plan the workouts, I just attend. The motivation for attending? Girl talk.

You can do it!
Ok ladies! I found a really great podcast at www.losingweightafterbaby.com (you can also find it on itunes) Its not just losing weight after a baby but making good life changing habits. Arlene Pelicane is super positive and she's helps teach you how to be a good coach to yoruself. I would highly recomend her "30 days to a New You" purchase. I love love love it and its well worth the money. I am not about to lose too much weight yet bc I'm nursing but I AM making better eating and activity level habits. Let's band together ladies! We can do it!

Also, there is another gal who is way intense into working out and stregth training. Her name is Holly Rigsby. Google "fit yummy mummy" and you can find her. Great stuff.
That is such a cute family pic! Your kids are getting so big! I miss you guys!!!!! Hope things are going good xoxo