Well, friends, it has been a while. I'd love to tell you it's because I have been killer busy. I have been a teensy weensy bit busy, but not really.
Andrew has been looking for hospital jobs like crazy, applied for every one he finds in the area, and has interviewed for a few. Last week he got offered a on-call job at Redicare. They recently changed their hours to 24 hours a day, and Andrew will get called in if in a night shift (between 8pm and 8am) they get slammed. The nice thing about the job is that it gets his foot in the door to Mountain View Hospital. Maybe that will lead to something better. After 8 years at Nursing Homes, or "Skilled Nursing Facilities" as they prefer to be called, he is ready to move on. He is going camping this week with his buddies, and has been looking forward to it for (literally) years. He is currently working a new schedule of 4 days on, 4 off, from 9pm to 7:30 am.
I have been enjoying Cooper-free days. I watched Janna's baby every day from September till the end of May, and it has been nice to only have one toddler. Coop and Em are only 5 months apart, and it got pretty crazy most days. I've been doing some reading, crafting, and Enrichment planning. Or maybe I should say "the meeting formerly known as Enrichment". I've also been busy being the best friend of a single person again. I'd forgotten the games and the waiting, and wondering, and the long analytical conversations. It makes feel both young and very old. On one hand I love every minute of it, it's very exciting in a very different way than motherhood. on the other hand, I think it is all rather silly, and I think that if you like someone you should walk up to them, tell them, and they should either say "me too!" or "sorry, move on!". Unfortunately, even at 30 or more years old, most single folk are still feeling the need to play the game.
Nate finished preschool and is over-the-top excited for Kindergarten. He talks about it every day. I am just afraid he'll be bored. He is doing Ucon T-Ball this month, three days a week. The preschool kids are pretty funny to watch, they really have no idea what they are doing. But they like it. Well, for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Nate is loving having a back yard to play in this year, and doesn't mind the rain as long as it's warm. He also enjoys having a dog to run with.
Emmy is growing like a weed. She will be 18 months later this month. She wears 2T, and just outgrew her size 3 and 4 sunday shoes this week. Seriously, last week they fit, this week they don't go on! She is learning more and more words, and yesterday when I came out of the bathroom she insisted on sitting on the toilet and trying to "poo-poo". We waited a good 5 minutes, and she kept telling me we weren't done. Well, she'd point between her legs into the toilet and say "no poo-poo, no poo-poo!"
The weeds in out yard get out of control, especially the morning glory. I knew that with as hard as I work to keep up, there was no way I could keep up with a garden, and the island flower/shrub bed out in the corner of the lawn kept getting overgrown, so we have been pulling out the weeds and laying sod, so bye-bye garden, bye-bye island. I think I feel pretty good about that. We had to replace a bunch of our trees and shrubs from last year, they weren't hardy enough for our extreme sub-zero temps this winter. We are also putting a railing on the back deck, and trying to finish up some projects from last year, in addition to keeping up with mowing and weed-killing. They really are CRAZY here! And the extreme (compared to the last 10 years) amount of rainy days has only made it worse.
Oh, and last, but not least, Molly turned one on Friday. She has been a great dog, still wild as ever, but good, and we love her. Emmy loves to lay all over molly, and hand-feed molly dog-food. Molly just takes it all in stride. I sure am glad we did the fence last year!
So we haven't really been busy, just normal life stuff. I am trying to remember how great it is, but I am just so tired!
Andrew has been looking for hospital jobs like crazy, applied for every one he finds in the area, and has interviewed for a few. Last week he got offered a on-call job at Redicare. They recently changed their hours to 24 hours a day, and Andrew will get called in if in a night shift (between 8pm and 8am) they get slammed. The nice thing about the job is that it gets his foot in the door to Mountain View Hospital. Maybe that will lead to something better. After 8 years at Nursing Homes, or "Skilled Nursing Facilities" as they prefer to be called, he is ready to move on. He is going camping this week with his buddies, and has been looking forward to it for (literally) years. He is currently working a new schedule of 4 days on, 4 off, from 9pm to 7:30 am.
I have been enjoying Cooper-free days. I watched Janna's baby every day from September till the end of May, and it has been nice to only have one toddler. Coop and Em are only 5 months apart, and it got pretty crazy most days. I've been doing some reading, crafting, and Enrichment planning. Or maybe I should say "the meeting formerly known as Enrichment". I've also been busy being the best friend of a single person again. I'd forgotten the games and the waiting, and wondering, and the long analytical conversations. It makes feel both young and very old. On one hand I love every minute of it, it's very exciting in a very different way than motherhood. on the other hand, I think it is all rather silly, and I think that if you like someone you should walk up to them, tell them, and they should either say "me too!" or "sorry, move on!". Unfortunately, even at 30 or more years old, most single folk are still feeling the need to play the game.
Nate finished preschool and is over-the-top excited for Kindergarten. He talks about it every day. I am just afraid he'll be bored. He is doing Ucon T-Ball this month, three days a week. The preschool kids are pretty funny to watch, they really have no idea what they are doing. But they like it. Well, for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Nate is loving having a back yard to play in this year, and doesn't mind the rain as long as it's warm. He also enjoys having a dog to run with.
Emmy is growing like a weed. She will be 18 months later this month. She wears 2T, and just outgrew her size 3 and 4 sunday shoes this week. Seriously, last week they fit, this week they don't go on! She is learning more and more words, and yesterday when I came out of the bathroom she insisted on sitting on the toilet and trying to "poo-poo". We waited a good 5 minutes, and she kept telling me we weren't done. Well, she'd point between her legs into the toilet and say "no poo-poo, no poo-poo!"
The weeds in out yard get out of control, especially the morning glory. I knew that with as hard as I work to keep up, there was no way I could keep up with a garden, and the island flower/shrub bed out in the corner of the lawn kept getting overgrown, so we have been pulling out the weeds and laying sod, so bye-bye garden, bye-bye island. I think I feel pretty good about that. We had to replace a bunch of our trees and shrubs from last year, they weren't hardy enough for our extreme sub-zero temps this winter. We are also putting a railing on the back deck, and trying to finish up some projects from last year, in addition to keeping up with mowing and weed-killing. They really are CRAZY here! And the extreme (compared to the last 10 years) amount of rainy days has only made it worse.
Oh, and last, but not least, Molly turned one on Friday. She has been a great dog, still wild as ever, but good, and we love her. Emmy loves to lay all over molly, and hand-feed molly dog-food. Molly just takes it all in stride. I sure am glad we did the fence last year!
So we haven't really been busy, just normal life stuff. I am trying to remember how great it is, but I am just so tired!
Comments