Alright, I have to say that my last post got me a record number of responses. Amazing. And I'd like to update: I have no idea if I have lost my pound and a half for the week, but I have generally eaten less, and less "bad" stuff. I have also exercised EVERY day but Sunday. I have walked pushing the sit-and-stand for 45 minutes, or played DDR nonstop for 45 minutes (sometimes holding my daughter, now that's a workout), or mowed for an hour and a half. Many days I have done more than one of these. It's gotta count for something. I would like to try Yoga, and I am DYING to try Zumba, but I worry about actually GOING. I also want to ride my bike a little more. I think I want to train for a 25 mile charity ride - but it is in a month and a half, and I am not sure I'll be ready for this year. My new question to my support group out there: Do you have any favorite workout music? I want to make a CD of music that really makes me move, or at least put it on a MP3 player. What gets you moving?
To my friends who have offered thoughts and encouragement: Thank you! Meghan is right, and Sarah said it too, it takes "sisterhood" to motivate each other. I am doing good 1 week in, I have to stay motivated now. I should be able to keep it up and get it off. As long as I don't find myself preggo. That'd spoil my goal, no? :) And JeNae - How do you make it work, letting your kids do it with you? That totally blew up in my face!
As for the family and house, we are great. I have been trying to spend more time interacting with my kiddos. We had a great Fourth (Well, Third) of July, just the four of us. We have finished the railing on the deck, it is great. Emmy's gone back to taking naps. Andrew is training for his new Part-time Job at RediCare that we hope leads to a hospital job so we don't have to look at leaving the area. I just finished watching the whole first season of Glee, and 6th season of MASH. Good times.
To my friends who have offered thoughts and encouragement: Thank you! Meghan is right, and Sarah said it too, it takes "sisterhood" to motivate each other. I am doing good 1 week in, I have to stay motivated now. I should be able to keep it up and get it off. As long as I don't find myself preggo. That'd spoil my goal, no? :) And JeNae - How do you make it work, letting your kids do it with you? That totally blew up in my face!
As for the family and house, we are great. I have been trying to spend more time interacting with my kiddos. We had a great Fourth (Well, Third) of July, just the four of us. We have finished the railing on the deck, it is great. Emmy's gone back to taking naps. Andrew is training for his new Part-time Job at RediCare that we hope leads to a hospital job so we don't have to look at leaving the area. I just finished watching the whole first season of Glee, and 6th season of MASH. Good times.
Comments
If you would like a sample of the music I work out to on Pandora, I'll let you listen to a couple of sample off of my stations. Sent me a holler and I'll e-mail it to you.