I have some HUGE blog posts looming over my head, some big things to write, but I am not quite ready to put the work into them tonight. So for now, a preface:
As I was studying motherhood, and some other topics that have come up lately, I found an interesting section in a book. The title of the section is "Duty brings one to desire". It talks about how there are things that we all have to do that are "unpleasant" to us. There are two ways to handle this conundrum. One is to avoid it all together. The other is to use duty to bring desire. You know you have to do it, so throw yourself into it, do a little extra research, go an extra mile, and find yourself WANTING to do it, ENJOYING it. I kind of compare it to serving someone you don't like, that you are mad at, and the way your heart softens towards them.
As I read this theory, I suddenly realized: I haven't had a single "I hate being a mom" thought in weeks.
Related? I'd guess so.
And on another note:
READ THIS BOOK
Especially if you liked Twilight
As I was studying motherhood, and some other topics that have come up lately, I found an interesting section in a book. The title of the section is "Duty brings one to desire". It talks about how there are things that we all have to do that are "unpleasant" to us. There are two ways to handle this conundrum. One is to avoid it all together. The other is to use duty to bring desire. You know you have to do it, so throw yourself into it, do a little extra research, go an extra mile, and find yourself WANTING to do it, ENJOYING it. I kind of compare it to serving someone you don't like, that you are mad at, and the way your heart softens towards them.
As I read this theory, I suddenly realized: I haven't had a single "I hate being a mom" thought in weeks.
Related? I'd guess so.
And on another note:
READ THIS BOOK
Especially if you liked Twilight
Comments