I promised pictures of Nate's completed room. It may be months before I am able to post them. The painting of the wall was all but finished, all we needed was the clear coat of Polycrylic by Minwax.
It did not dry clear. Because I rolled it onto the wall, and because the wall was bumpy, it dried with little foamy bubbles all over, making it look like there is a layer of contact paper on the whole wall. The bright colors, and crystal clear edges are now fuzzy and muted. Rather than looking like it took Heather and I months of work, it looks like we slapped a poorly printed picture up there. To say that there were tears, discouragement, nausea, and frustration is an understatement. Devastation comes closer.
After a week of not being able to look at it, and another week of being afraid to experiment, I have concluded that I (we) will have to sand the bottom 2/3rds of the wall with 220 grit sandpaper to remove the bubbles, carefully repaint with 2 coats, and then with a small fine brush do the clear coat. and it still will not be as great as it should have been, there will still be remnants of the bubbles if you look close, and the top 1/3 will still have all the bubbles, you just can't see them because the paint is light.
So sorry, no pics. Just devastation.
Coming in future posts: Notes on conference: what I did and what I learned. Also videos and pics of my crazy kiddos, and a review of my goals for the year, as we are 1/4 of the way through the year. WOW.
It did not dry clear. Because I rolled it onto the wall, and because the wall was bumpy, it dried with little foamy bubbles all over, making it look like there is a layer of contact paper on the whole wall. The bright colors, and crystal clear edges are now fuzzy and muted. Rather than looking like it took Heather and I months of work, it looks like we slapped a poorly printed picture up there. To say that there were tears, discouragement, nausea, and frustration is an understatement. Devastation comes closer.
After a week of not being able to look at it, and another week of being afraid to experiment, I have concluded that I (we) will have to sand the bottom 2/3rds of the wall with 220 grit sandpaper to remove the bubbles, carefully repaint with 2 coats, and then with a small fine brush do the clear coat. and it still will not be as great as it should have been, there will still be remnants of the bubbles if you look close, and the top 1/3 will still have all the bubbles, you just can't see them because the paint is light.
So sorry, no pics. Just devastation.
Coming in future posts: Notes on conference: what I did and what I learned. Also videos and pics of my crazy kiddos, and a review of my goals for the year, as we are 1/4 of the way through the year. WOW.
Comments