Well, I've been thinking about resolutions more, and I feel like I need something a little more concrete and measurable than "I want to be better!!!".
I am still working on it.
But in the meantime...
During Relief Society today, our lesson was introducing President George Albert Smith. When he was 34 years old, he penned for himself his "Personal Creed", a list of 11 resolutions that he kept his whole life, and strove to live by every day. That was inspiring to me.
Also, I stumbled across something similar online recently, written by a Christian woman who is not a member of our church. Many of her life-long resolutions struck a chord within me, and I decided to put together my own. I can't say for sure that it is written in stone, I am sure as the years go I will edit it a bit, to more clearly say what my heart is saying* (see note below). I think, also, that where these are resolutions, albeit long-term ones, they may lead to more specific yearly and monthly goals by asking myself "how can I achieve this?".
If you can't read it, let me know...oh, and notify me of spelling errors please!
*NOTE - When I mentioned what my heart is saying, it made me think of one of my favorite songs from the Forgotten Carols. It is one of those songs that I feel is talking about me. Are you familiar with it? (PS, the slideshow is lame, I couldn't find another version on YouTube)
And while I am at it...Have you heard these songs?
I am still working on it.
But in the meantime...
During Relief Society today, our lesson was introducing President George Albert Smith. When he was 34 years old, he penned for himself his "Personal Creed", a list of 11 resolutions that he kept his whole life, and strove to live by every day. That was inspiring to me.
Also, I stumbled across something similar online recently, written by a Christian woman who is not a member of our church. Many of her life-long resolutions struck a chord within me, and I decided to put together my own. I can't say for sure that it is written in stone, I am sure as the years go I will edit it a bit, to more clearly say what my heart is saying* (see note below). I think, also, that where these are resolutions, albeit long-term ones, they may lead to more specific yearly and monthly goals by asking myself "how can I achieve this?".
If you can't read it, let me know...oh, and notify me of spelling errors please!
*NOTE - When I mentioned what my heart is saying, it made me think of one of my favorite songs from the Forgotten Carols. It is one of those songs that I feel is talking about me. Are you familiar with it? (PS, the slideshow is lame, I couldn't find another version on YouTube)
And while I am at it...Have you heard these songs?

Comments