Skip to main content

Another Random Stuffs Post

Yes, I know, it has been a while. We've been playing hard. Andddddd...I was Offensive!
A week went by and I thought I was in the clear, and the next week rolls around, and sure enough, I got called in to talk to the Presidency. It was better than last time...
And let me get off on my first tangent here. My lessons that have offended people are the ones about CHILDREN. I really feel like part of my mission in life is spread the word that Motherhood is not amazing all the time, you don't have to love it, and it's OKAY. Enough with the guilt because your real life doesn't look like your "Mom Stuff" pinterest board. But don't expect me to stop this talk. I will shout it from the rooftops. Being a mom is a blessed calling, but it sucks A LOT of the time, and that doesn't make you bad.

(pant pant pant) Moving On.

Crap. I had something else important to say, but I am too hot, and can't remember what it was...

Well, some brief updates on the Fam:
-Car drama is pretty much resolved...Wait. I don't think I blogged about that...put it on the list for next time. Also, remind me that I want to blog about exercise.

-Andrew is taking a School Hiatus. It was just time. And it's changed our whole household, and outlook, and the spirit, and most of all Andrew. He's a new man. It's good.

-Heather's wedding is two weeks from tomorrow. The wedding dress is nearing completion. I ought to start my dress. And decide on one for Em....

-Still NOT pregnant. Just in case you thought that was why I was MIA.

-It's HOT.

-I have changed the way I do my grocery shopping/menu planning, and I have CONSISTENTLY cut my grocery budget for the month from about $550 to $350ish, and we are eating better. How you say? Thank Pinterest. I'll blog all about it in the next week or so.

-Speaking of Pinterest: well, I am not going to right now, I just decided, but in the next week or so I am doing a post on best and worst Pinterest finds. It will be HIGHLY informative!!!

-I know what one of my resolutions for next year will be: to finish more projects. You should see my list!!!!

-We are listening to 3 CDs right now. Over and over. Do you know what they are? The new Muppet Movie soundtrack, Phineas and Ferb soundtrack, and Bon Jovi Greatest Hits. We are SOOO cool.

-FINALLY managed out first camping trip of the summer. This week. We went to Calamity, at Palisades Reservoir. It was great. Huckleberries were on, and we ate our fill and brought home several cups. Molly found her calling in life - She is a Stick-In-The-Water-Saver. She LOVES swimming after the sticks. Silly Doggie.

-Em LOVES water.

-Nate LOVES Karate.

-I don't want to make dinner.

-Yesterday it was about 100. My house only got up to 78 by dinner time. Today it is only 88, and my house is 81.

-My hair is driving me crazy. It's time for something new. In 3 haircut magazines, I have 30 sticky flags. Not sure where I am going there....

-I have started a "theme day" scheduling plan...You guessed it, more about that later.


I guess that's it for now...Time for dishes, dinner, and then dishes again. And Heather time!!!
And being hot. Blah.

Comments

Rose said…
So, ya know I have air conditioning... you could always come cool off when you are unbearably hot! Can't wait to read the future posts!!
~Jenni M.~ said…
Sweet! I'm really looking forward to your post on cutting your grocery budget! ;)
Can't wait to hear about these adventures. On blog on or in person over mock-tails. We're leaving on Th so maybe I'll see ya soon.