After reading this post, be sure to scroll down, there are plenty more!
Theme Days: This has recently lost some efficiency, and will probably continue to with school starting, but I'll blog about it anyway.
Andrew is home 3-5 days a week normally 4 full days. It really starts to feel like we have 4 Saturdays a week. We play a lot. But there was NEVER order, or rhythm. I have fussed a lot about that, and one day I decided to try something. Andrew was working Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, which means he was sleeping Tuesday afternoon, and most of Wednesday, and from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. I knew I needed a few days that were for cleaning and laundry, and I wanted one day that was for playing with friends...
This is what I came up with:
Sunday: Church Day - Church-related activities and Veggie Tales!
Monday: Family Day - Dad is up - Lets do something fun!!! Oh, and Get groceries!
Tuesday: Chore Day - Yard work, and house work
Wednesday: Play With Friends Day
Thursday: Mom Day - My projects, my crafts, my laziness.... :) Kids can do whatever they want!
Friday: Kids Day - The one day I'll really bend over backwards to be super mom, play with the kids, make them fun food and projects
Saturday: Chore Day - Laundry, housework, get ready for Sunday
So...
Great plan, and it worked GREAT in practice too. That's a first for me!!!
But after a month Andrew's schedule changed, and I am not sure how it will need to change with Nate in school...IN THREE WEEKS! AGH.
Pinterest also lead me to this link:
It has a chart that details how to read the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price in 365 days!!!! WHAT?
Must be like an hour of reading, right?
8 pages. After 8 days, I am on day 8, and it only takes me about 20 minutes, including cross references, and "Mommy! WIPE MY BUTT!" breaks
AWESOME.
Scrubbles died. He was my brothers el cheapo feeder-goldfish that he got when we moved to Idaho Falls in 1998. When Mik got married a year ago, he didn't want to move Scrubbles, because he was afraid of what the change of water source would do, so we inherited the 13 year old fish. Scrubbles has lived in Nates room for the last (almost) year, and Nate has taken it very hard. Scrubbles now resides near Gustoffer (GusGus) the Hamster, in Mom's garden path.
And the kids are sick. Nate started, and is almost better, Em is in the throws of death. Hand, Foot and Mouth, apparently the variety that is just mouth, and HIGH fever (em was running at 102 on motrin AND tylenol, alternating). Yesterday I pronounced how much better this is than barf. Then Em barfed. I forgot fevers do that to my kids. Tomorrow there should be marked improvement, and much MUCH less whining. Em is a D.R.A.M.A. queen. and the best news? Adults don't get it. Well, 99 times out of 100....
Comments