I was just reading back on my early early blog posts, from before we bought the house through Em's first birthday. I noticed a few things:
1) I was pretty happy and cheerful. I think it was because my house stayed cleaner....
2) I took a lot of pictures. I should take some again, I have virtually no pictures of my kids, and they are HUGE. I don't think I've ever even posted a pic of Em's short hair.
3) I started making comments about Em being a sassy pants LONG before she was even born. :) Glad I was observant enough to call that one. Nothing's changed there!
So. Updates....My job at David's Bridal lasted until Mid to late January. I just didn't have a way to work THEIR schedule. I would tell them I could NOT work on a certain day, and they'd schedule me for THAT day, and say sorry when I'd say that I could work ANY day but that day. Finally one day I couldn't get a sitter, and I was going to have to cancel plans I'd had in place for 2 months, and so I quit, and started sewing from home. I've made around $400, and have multiple more jobs lined up, including 2 wedding dresses. I really love doing it, I love working on my schedule. I love that altering a wedding dress is like a puzzle. I love doing custom sewing, and I love getting paid to do it.
I also got a second calling. In addition to teaching on the 4th Sunday (which I really really love), I am a Wolf leader, which is Nate's cub scout group, and I work at it with Rose, who is one of my very very dear friends. We are an excellent team.
I spent my monies...I spent $200 on clothes. I've never done it before, and it was pretty awesome. andrew wouldn't let me use it on stuff for the house, and I knew if I got the clothes thing done, it'd be a good long time before I needed more. With that money, using good sales and coupons, I got 3 skirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of capris, 5 tanks for under cardi's, 4 3/4 length cardi's, and two henley tees. Pretty impressive! I almost have enough monies saved for my bike now too, so I am feeling pretty good about it!
My hormones are....not better. If you don't want to read about girly body stuff, skip this paragraph. I know I've talked about it some, but it's just escalating. On January 2 I started a period. When I went for my yearly exam on January 22 I was finally just finishing it. I told the Dr about EVERYTHING my body has been doing for years, and she said "lets get to the bottom of this!!!" That Friday I hat a big ultrasound to look for PCOS, fibroids, or any other suspicious issues. They found...Nothing. So it was decided that it must be my hormones out of balance. "Let's put you on bio-identical hormones" they said. By the time I got that result almost a week later I was already on another period. Cut to late February ..They finally have my hormones ready for me to pick up...I am on my third period, the first two were 3 weeks long each, with 4 days off. Now, I have been on the hormones for a month and a half, and I am on my 6th period. When this one started it had only been 15 days since the last one started. I have another appointment on Thursday. I am so tired. I am tired of black whiskers. I am tired of bleeding. I am tired of being unable to drop weight. Tired of major zits. Tired of being tired. My Grandma is convinced I am starting menopause. I think it's time to whack a few parts out of my body. But I am not sure that would really help with the hormones. :S
Andrew was so grateful to get a job at Good Samaritan after being unemployed for months...but it was really hard to be back in a nursing home. So he kept watching the hospitals. A month or so ago he saw a posting for EIRMC, the big hospital in town, for the Cardiac floor. A new friend in our ward was working on the cardiac floor, and offered to put in a good word. So I stayed up till after 1 in the morning, remaking Andrew's resume to look like the cool new one that had been lost on his dead hard drive a few weeks previous, and got it all submitted. Thanks to Tom's "good word", Andrew is employed on the Cardiac floor at EIRMC. He's been trying to get on there since he was a CNA, before we got married. He is so excited, and a little (or lot) nervous. But I know he'll be great. He's an awesome nurse, and this will be a really great job for him.
He also is embarking on a new adventure...He is taking Tae Kwon Do lessons from a Martial Arts school in town. He's VERY excited, and enjoying it a lot. He's hoping to learn a lot, and lose a little weight, and loves having his own version of my sacred Choir time.
Nate took Karate too - It was a gift from Aunt Heather for Christmas, he had a great time, but wasn't too sad when it was over. Just between you and me, I don't think it was his thing. He lacked a certain...grace. But he's taking Piano and doing GREAT and is looking forward to trying a little swimming this summer.
Em took Swimming lessons, a gift from Aunt Heather. That girl must be a mermaid...well, maybe not, she doesn't swim WELL, she just loves to be in the water. She just flings herself in no matter the depth, or supervision. If she sinks....oh, well. She'll just walk along the bottom. No worries. She is SO excited to be IN the pool she has a hard time focusing on what she needs to do there. Funny child. But...she's alive, so there's that.
I am still singing with the Choralaires, but we are under a new director, and the change is AMAZING. Our concert on May 6th is going to be awesome. Our style has morphed a little, and we are so much more advanced than we were. It's great!
We almost bought a camp trailer with our tax refund, but decided on other things instead. Like Andrew's Karate. And a jungle gym for the kids. And a new grill. And paint and trim for inside the house.... Little project things. It'll be good.
So... I guess that's the main stuffs. I really will try to get some pictures posted soon, and I have a post about conference that I have started writing. Yay!
1) I was pretty happy and cheerful. I think it was because my house stayed cleaner....
2) I took a lot of pictures. I should take some again, I have virtually no pictures of my kids, and they are HUGE. I don't think I've ever even posted a pic of Em's short hair.
3) I started making comments about Em being a sassy pants LONG before she was even born. :) Glad I was observant enough to call that one. Nothing's changed there!
So. Updates....My job at David's Bridal lasted until Mid to late January. I just didn't have a way to work THEIR schedule. I would tell them I could NOT work on a certain day, and they'd schedule me for THAT day, and say sorry when I'd say that I could work ANY day but that day. Finally one day I couldn't get a sitter, and I was going to have to cancel plans I'd had in place for 2 months, and so I quit, and started sewing from home. I've made around $400, and have multiple more jobs lined up, including 2 wedding dresses. I really love doing it, I love working on my schedule. I love that altering a wedding dress is like a puzzle. I love doing custom sewing, and I love getting paid to do it.
I also got a second calling. In addition to teaching on the 4th Sunday (which I really really love), I am a Wolf leader, which is Nate's cub scout group, and I work at it with Rose, who is one of my very very dear friends. We are an excellent team.
I spent my monies...I spent $200 on clothes. I've never done it before, and it was pretty awesome. andrew wouldn't let me use it on stuff for the house, and I knew if I got the clothes thing done, it'd be a good long time before I needed more. With that money, using good sales and coupons, I got 3 skirts, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of capris, 5 tanks for under cardi's, 4 3/4 length cardi's, and two henley tees. Pretty impressive! I almost have enough monies saved for my bike now too, so I am feeling pretty good about it!
My hormones are....not better. If you don't want to read about girly body stuff, skip this paragraph. I know I've talked about it some, but it's just escalating. On January 2 I started a period. When I went for my yearly exam on January 22 I was finally just finishing it. I told the Dr about EVERYTHING my body has been doing for years, and she said "lets get to the bottom of this!!!" That Friday I hat a big ultrasound to look for PCOS, fibroids, or any other suspicious issues. They found...Nothing. So it was decided that it must be my hormones out of balance. "Let's put you on bio-identical hormones" they said. By the time I got that result almost a week later I was already on another period. Cut to late February ..They finally have my hormones ready for me to pick up...I am on my third period, the first two were 3 weeks long each, with 4 days off. Now, I have been on the hormones for a month and a half, and I am on my 6th period. When this one started it had only been 15 days since the last one started. I have another appointment on Thursday. I am so tired. I am tired of black whiskers. I am tired of bleeding. I am tired of being unable to drop weight. Tired of major zits. Tired of being tired. My Grandma is convinced I am starting menopause. I think it's time to whack a few parts out of my body. But I am not sure that would really help with the hormones. :S
Andrew was so grateful to get a job at Good Samaritan after being unemployed for months...but it was really hard to be back in a nursing home. So he kept watching the hospitals. A month or so ago he saw a posting for EIRMC, the big hospital in town, for the Cardiac floor. A new friend in our ward was working on the cardiac floor, and offered to put in a good word. So I stayed up till after 1 in the morning, remaking Andrew's resume to look like the cool new one that had been lost on his dead hard drive a few weeks previous, and got it all submitted. Thanks to Tom's "good word", Andrew is employed on the Cardiac floor at EIRMC. He's been trying to get on there since he was a CNA, before we got married. He is so excited, and a little (or lot) nervous. But I know he'll be great. He's an awesome nurse, and this will be a really great job for him.
He also is embarking on a new adventure...He is taking Tae Kwon Do lessons from a Martial Arts school in town. He's VERY excited, and enjoying it a lot. He's hoping to learn a lot, and lose a little weight, and loves having his own version of my sacred Choir time.
Nate took Karate too - It was a gift from Aunt Heather for Christmas, he had a great time, but wasn't too sad when it was over. Just between you and me, I don't think it was his thing. He lacked a certain...grace. But he's taking Piano and doing GREAT and is looking forward to trying a little swimming this summer.
Em took Swimming lessons, a gift from Aunt Heather. That girl must be a mermaid...well, maybe not, she doesn't swim WELL, she just loves to be in the water. She just flings herself in no matter the depth, or supervision. If she sinks....oh, well. She'll just walk along the bottom. No worries. She is SO excited to be IN the pool she has a hard time focusing on what she needs to do there. Funny child. But...she's alive, so there's that.
I am still singing with the Choralaires, but we are under a new director, and the change is AMAZING. Our concert on May 6th is going to be awesome. Our style has morphed a little, and we are so much more advanced than we were. It's great!
We almost bought a camp trailer with our tax refund, but decided on other things instead. Like Andrew's Karate. And a jungle gym for the kids. And a new grill. And paint and trim for inside the house.... Little project things. It'll be good.
So... I guess that's the main stuffs. I really will try to get some pictures posted soon, and I have a post about conference that I have started writing. Yay!
Comments
I'm still curious about the Halloween costumes you and Andrew made last fall!!!