I like favorite things. I like to look at my Pinterest boards, and see all these images that together represent me, who I am, my taste, personality, faith, hope. As I look at that collage of images, I feel wrapped in this blanket of security in knowing who I am, what I believe. It's like giving myself a hug and saying "Self, I love you. I know you. I accept you. You are beautiful."
There is a confidence and comfort in not wondering who I am. I know I am a daughter of a Heavenly King. I know HE loves me too, and I like to think that, overall, He is proud of who I am becoming.
So for myself, and posterity, (and potentially people thinking about Christmas......) I leave a little record of things I love. Other than the obvious, you know, Andrew & the kids, Heather, my Mumsley, Sisters, and friends, The gospel....
These are a few of my favorite things:
-Color: PINK! Except when it's green. Or Red. Or Orange? Blues? I really LOVE colors!!!
-Food: Dairy Products. :) Sour Cream, Ice Cream, Cheese, Yogurt.... Oh, and potatoes. Possibly with the dairy products. OH! Or Mexican...probably also with dairy products... Hmmm. I also really love food.
-Animal: Dogs, Squirrels, Whales, and Sheep. I know, a random assortment there...
-Restaurant: Mom's House. :) Oh, or Red Robin, Applebees, Garcias, and Arbys
-Scent: Light fruity/floral scents. Not too sweet or strong.
-Class (at school): English, Drafting, History, Home Ec, Music &Theatre
-Day of the week: Friday
-Time of day: 10am-2pm, or 8pm-10pm
-Month: November
-Holiday: Ones with snow
-Season: Fall - I love the colors, smells, anticipation, cooler weather, start of school....
-Thing to do when happy: Reading, Writing, Singing, Crafting, Cleaning
-Thing to do when sad: Singing & Sleeping. Oh, not at the same time!!!!
-Thing to do when angry: Talk it out. Normally with a girl. Boys don't seem to have much patience for that.
-Thing to do with friends: Laugh, Sing, Eat
-Scripture: 1 Nephi 7:12 "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
-Songs: That obviously changes often, but right now I LOVE Royals by Lorde, and whatever we happen to be singing in choir each season, and I love a capella versions of songs!!!
-TV show: #1 All time: Boy Meets World. Other timeless faves: Psych, NCIS. Current Love: Burn Notice
-Movie: I have a lack of patience for movies, but I love musicals: Sound of Music, Newsies, Music Man, you name it. Oh, and Pitch Perfect... :)
-Type of weather: SNOW or 65 and sunny
-Book: Ha. I could never pick a favorite! I love them ALL. From historical to dystopian teen fic, I love it all.
-Drink: Typically fruity things. Fruity and tart - Cran-Pom, Ruby Red, OJ
-Type of chores: Cooking/baking. NOT dishes or ironing!
-Gift: Surprises
-Compliment: Any...It's my love language!
-Flower: Lilac
-Number: ones with 6 and/or 4 .... 64, 16, 46, etc.
-Shape: Square...It can be made into any of the other shapes. It's perfectly symmetric and even. Very tidy.
-Night time activity (before going to sleep): reading or watching TV
-Morning activity: Taking a shower, reading Scriptures, having a clean house
-Cookie: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
-Candy: #1 fruity #2 white chocolate #3 chocolate with nuts and/or caramel
-Dessert: Things with cream cheese, or nuts/caramel/white chocolate...Oooo, have you ever had Apple Nachos????
-Meat: Pork
-Fruit: Peaches or citrus
-Veggie: Broccoli
-Car: I currently don't have a dream car...unless I could get a new version of one they haven't made in a while. I love the Ford Freestyle, in Navy, 6 seats (instead of 7) please!
-Outfit: Trim-fit straight leg jeans, good-fitting tank and short or 3/4 sleeve cardi, with flats
-Store: Barnes and Noble
-Ice cream: Private Selection (Fred Meyer) Chocolate Hazelnut Marscapone
-Gum: Cinnamon
-Magazine: The Ensign or Threads
-Soda: Cherry Pepsi or gingerale
-Time to think: Shower
Other things I love:
Floorplans, sewing, scrapbook-y projects & supplies, clean linens, good writing instruments, books, blank books, post it notes, good-fitting socks, new underwear, mountains, snow, playing the piano, the scriptures, almond joy, pinterest, creativity, bedtime, good deals, organizing, tidy endings, friends, netflix, peppermint, pumpkin spice, Amazon, hugs, questionnaires and forms, Harry Potter, pizza and a movie nights, sun rooms, fireplaces, research, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, big porches, lace, vintage, ribbon, Gold/Navy/Gray things, America's Test Kitchen, cute purses/bags, Phineas and Ferb, Prismacolor pencils, Burlap.........
There is a confidence and comfort in not wondering who I am. I know I am a daughter of a Heavenly King. I know HE loves me too, and I like to think that, overall, He is proud of who I am becoming.
So for myself, and posterity, (and potentially people thinking about Christmas......) I leave a little record of things I love. Other than the obvious, you know, Andrew & the kids, Heather, my Mumsley, Sisters, and friends, The gospel....
These are a few of my favorite things:
-Color: PINK! Except when it's green. Or Red. Or Orange? Blues? I really LOVE colors!!!
-Food: Dairy Products. :) Sour Cream, Ice Cream, Cheese, Yogurt.... Oh, and potatoes. Possibly with the dairy products. OH! Or Mexican...probably also with dairy products... Hmmm. I also really love food.
-Animal: Dogs, Squirrels, Whales, and Sheep. I know, a random assortment there...
-Restaurant: Mom's House. :) Oh, or Red Robin, Applebees, Garcias, and Arbys
-Scent: Light fruity/floral scents. Not too sweet or strong.
-Class (at school): English, Drafting, History, Home Ec, Music &Theatre
-Day of the week: Friday
-Time of day: 10am-2pm, or 8pm-10pm
-Month: November
-Holiday: Ones with snow
-Season: Fall - I love the colors, smells, anticipation, cooler weather, start of school....
-Thing to do when happy: Reading, Writing, Singing, Crafting, Cleaning
-Thing to do when sad: Singing & Sleeping. Oh, not at the same time!!!!
-Thing to do when angry: Talk it out. Normally with a girl. Boys don't seem to have much patience for that.
-Thing to do with friends: Laugh, Sing, Eat
-Scripture: 1 Nephi 7:12 "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."
-Songs: That obviously changes often, but right now I LOVE Royals by Lorde, and whatever we happen to be singing in choir each season, and I love a capella versions of songs!!!
-TV show: #1 All time: Boy Meets World. Other timeless faves: Psych, NCIS. Current Love: Burn Notice
-Movie: I have a lack of patience for movies, but I love musicals: Sound of Music, Newsies, Music Man, you name it. Oh, and Pitch Perfect... :)
-Type of weather: SNOW or 65 and sunny
-Book: Ha. I could never pick a favorite! I love them ALL. From historical to dystopian teen fic, I love it all.
-Drink: Typically fruity things. Fruity and tart - Cran-Pom, Ruby Red, OJ
-Type of chores: Cooking/baking. NOT dishes or ironing!
-Gift: Surprises
-Compliment: Any...It's my love language!
-Flower: Lilac
-Number: ones with 6 and/or 4 .... 64, 16, 46, etc.
-Shape: Square...It can be made into any of the other shapes. It's perfectly symmetric and even. Very tidy.
-Night time activity (before going to sleep): reading or watching TV
-Morning activity: Taking a shower, reading Scriptures, having a clean house
-Cookie: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut
-Candy: #1 fruity #2 white chocolate #3 chocolate with nuts and/or caramel
-Dessert: Things with cream cheese, or nuts/caramel/white chocolate...Oooo, have you ever had Apple Nachos????
-Meat: Pork
-Fruit: Peaches or citrus
-Veggie: Broccoli
-Car: I currently don't have a dream car...unless I could get a new version of one they haven't made in a while. I love the Ford Freestyle, in Navy, 6 seats (instead of 7) please!
-Outfit: Trim-fit straight leg jeans, good-fitting tank and short or 3/4 sleeve cardi, with flats
-Store: Barnes and Noble
-Ice cream: Private Selection (Fred Meyer) Chocolate Hazelnut Marscapone
-Gum: Cinnamon
-Magazine: The Ensign or Threads
-Soda: Cherry Pepsi or gingerale
-Time to think: Shower
Other things I love:
Floorplans, sewing, scrapbook-y projects & supplies, clean linens, good writing instruments, books, blank books, post it notes, good-fitting socks, new underwear, mountains, snow, playing the piano, the scriptures, almond joy, pinterest, creativity, bedtime, good deals, organizing, tidy endings, friends, netflix, peppermint, pumpkin spice, Amazon, hugs, questionnaires and forms, Harry Potter, pizza and a movie nights, sun rooms, fireplaces, research, chocolate covered cinnamon bears, big porches, lace, vintage, ribbon, Gold/Navy/Gray things, America's Test Kitchen, cute purses/bags, Phineas and Ferb, Prismacolor pencils, Burlap.........
Comments