Skip to main content

Today's Little Ah-Ha Moment

I love AhHa moments:
I am a planner. I plan and plan, list, design, organize, dream...But rarely carry out my plans. I always end up feeling like once I get my plan out of my head, It's gone, and I feel no more pressure to do something about it. And because of the kind of person I am, I feel guilt over all of my abandoned idea babies, just not enough to pick them back up.
Today, in my research (and planning and designing and listmaking) on resolutions, I came across this on Oprah's website:

    "April 22: Start a garden journal.
Plot out your veggies and flowers. List the tools you need to purchase. Draw your fantasy layout in colored pencil. Press inspirational flowers between the pages (using a heavy dictionary). And should you happen to forget to plant anything at all, consider this notebook your celebration of spring."


And suddenly (AhHa!) I don't feel bad about my billions of "dream homes" I've designed, and put in a stack, or the business plans I've dreamed up, or the parties I've planned and never hosted (because I don't really like hosting parties) - the plans and lists and time spent is a carry-out all on it's on. They are their own celebrations.
Now I know there are times where this doesn't apply (Faith without works is dead, etc), but every story I outline and never write, every dress I design and never make, every house I design and never build was still a creative act from my heart. and I'm ok with that. I should compile all my sketches and lists and plans into books or files....
I'll get right on planning that!!

Comments