Highlights from the year, including some Facebook posts:
1/2017
Emmy was Baptized and Nate was ordained a deacon. It was lovely to have so many friends and family there!
Also, after 18 years of perfect driving, I got pulled over for the first time. Apparently the light was a little too close to red when I skated through. Took a long time to slow my heart!
Near the end of the month, the kids and I went with Heather and Alan to Emmett to visit the Vickery farm and help with baby piglets!
4/19/17
Eavesdropping on my twelve year old son and his buddy, with no context:
"How do you eat pizza?"
"Did you know you can buy a funky eel?"
"I just did it because I have so much money that I don't know what to do with it."
"Hey, shhh...shhhh... stop talking for a minute!"
"Yes! Yes! I will show you how to do more!"
Late April/May
We got to visit the Idaho Falls Temple open house. I loved getting to see it with family! One Day Heather and I also got to be ushers at the open house.
6/10/17
We played Ultimate Football with the Southwicks and Bowmans.
Tonight I'm proud of me. I sportsed. I threw the ball, I caught the ball, I ran, and I carried on for 2.5 hours. The exact number of times I've done that in my life is 0. And I plan to do it again. You CAN teach an old dog new tricks.
But if I'm hobbling at church, just pat my shoulder and say "good job!"
7/18/17
Almost done priming the basement. It's been a long year in our new house waiting for this. Lots of things have caused delays, but we're in the home stretch now. The one thing I'll miss when my carpet arrives in a few weeks? How awesome I sound singing to my Broadway Pandora station in the echoey concrete!
7/19/17
I got to go to a book club at someone's house and meet one of me favorite authors, Carla Kelly!
8/2017
Another year of storm camp and the amazing solar eclipse
9/1/17
First week of school appears to have been a success! The kids are doing online school through the district this year, and Nate is attending the middle school for some elective classes. Assignments were done cheerfully, I was able to divide my time without feeling frazzled, everyone kept on schedule easily. And all that with Mommy having a cold! When I feel better next week I expect even greater things! ...Well, okay, maybe not greater.... but at least okayish things!
Special shout out here to my manly love who just finished his first of 3 semesters to finish his second bachelors degree. Woot Woot, Andrew, You rocked it!!!
Now... herbal tea and naptime....
Late September/Early October
Anderson Family Vacation
Day One 9/23: Tournament, then drove to Southern Utah
Day Two: On to California!
Day Three: Disneyland - I almost cancelled this part, I wasn't sure Andrew would like it, I wasn't sure we'd feel it was worth the money. Boy was I wrong!
Day Four: California Adventure
Day Five: Downtown Disney, then on to Oceanside to meet my family
Day Six: Aquarium and the beach!
Day Seven: San Diego Zoo and Resting
Day Eight: Outlet Malls
Day Nine: La Jolla Tide Pools, The Beach, and Swimming!
Halloween
Emmy: Rey from Star Wars
Nate: Harry Hook From Descendants
11/2017
Pinners - The year Heather tried going her mom and sister, and Janna took her place with mom and me.
My Birthday
We attempted a trip to bear lake - but spent most of the time sick with a tummy bug Nate had right before the trip. Yay!
November/December
My mom was diagnosed with cancer
12/29/2017
For Emmy's birthday I took her on a shopping spree. She was in heaven!!!
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)

.jpg)


.jpg)



.jpg)



Comments