Skip to main content

Potty Training

Let's just say it is one of my least favorite jobs so far. So for a long time, Nathan wouldn't stay dry for more than 45 minutes or so. At age 3 1/2 that seemed strange to me. So I mentioned it to his doctor. Doc ordered ultrasounds, and sent him to a urologist, who ordered more ultrasounds and tests. When the urologist called to say that all tests came back normal, that is may be an age/development thing or an overactive bladder thing and may require meds for a few months. I said lets just try potty training for a month, and if he isn't better in a month we'll try the drugs. So I got off the phone and told Nate that the doctor called and said he was ready to be potty trained. He got all excited and said ok. So he is wearing undies during the day, since last Wednesday. We go through about 3 pairs a day, but he stayed dry through a nap the other day (not today though...) and he stayed dry at church on Sunday, and seemsto be doing far better than ever before. Apparently all I had to do was tell him the doctor said he was ready. He has finally learned that he doesn't like the way it feels to be wet. We still have a few times wherehe doesn't want to stop playing, but overall there has been progress. And alot of puddles. Sigh. I will survive. I am a big, brave dog, I'm a big brave dog.

Comments

When Jordan went through potty-training, I made him go potty every hour, for about the first week. Now he's a pro (we've almost been doing it for a year), so keep up the good work, it's nice to have only one kid in diapers :)