Skip to main content

One Month Later - Baby Days and Technology Death







Well, the Henderson's are still here, rather boringly so too. I can't say that I am too busy to blog, although I may be able to say that I don't have enough hands to do it. Mmmm, nope, can't really say that either cause I managed to do our taxes one handed while I fed Em. Every day runs about the same: up around 7, at least one of the two are yelling or poopy, both are starving. We eat, dress, tidy the house, and start on the to do list for the day. Then lunch, Emmy naps, Nate watches the transformer movie, mom cleans or works on a project. Then we play games or go to town, then make dinner and get the kids to bed asap. It's Great! I am so glad it is relatively boring, an I am glad I get to be home for it. I am so glad I don't HAVE to work.
Emmy thinks she is all grown up and can stay up all morning without a nap. She holds her head up very well, thinks she needs a 6 oz bottle and when I put her on her tummy she rocks and wiggles like she is gonna start crawling any second. I keep telling her to slow down, she has months to go, but I think she wants to catch up with Nate. It is the curse of the second child. Nate loves his little sister, and if he would stop catching colds I'd let him love on her a little more.
Nathan is growing up really fast too, it amazes me. He is into anything Transformers, to the max, and watches the movie almost every day.
Andrew is in the second of four semesters of his RN program, and loving it. He is the only male in the class, and looks forward to the competitive edge that will give him in the job market later. He had his first clinical rotation monday, it was in the ER. He loved it, even the heart-breaking traumas.
I am getting to be a pro at doing even more things at one time. I can change a diaper, supervise teeth brushing and talk on the phone at the same time, and I can feed a baby a bottle, make dinner, supervise dishwasher emptying, dance, and make a to do list all at the same time. Wow, I amaze me. What I can't figure out is why our technology is all dying. Andrew's fancy 2 year old laptop lost it's screen to a defect. Then he got a new one, and it appears to have come with a problem with it's router. Then our modem died, and saddest of all, a very tragic death, Emmy's vibrating chair died. It was Nathan's, so it was over 4 years old, but still, gee whiz. So now I am waiting for the pretty pink one I want to get back in-stock at Target. Thank heavens Em is such a happy babe, and thank heaves for the swing!!!!

Comments

She is absolutely adorable!! I love newborn baby stages-when their clothes don't fit right at all :)