Skip to main content

Misc. Things Going On

So for everybody to know. Maren finally got her hair cut. Thank you for all of your votes. I voted for number 1 also. Not that Maren ended up with that haircut. Basic story is this. She went with Amy to a salon. Amy got a great hair cut. Maren told the girl taking care of her that she just wanted a trim because she wanted to grow her hair out long and curly. The dumb girl chops a huge chunk out of Maren's hair. The rest was done fine, but no way to miss the fact that a huge chunk of hair was missing. (more importantly, Maren could see it.) It upset her greatly, so she went to a highly recommended beautician and got the rest cut and styled so the chunk wouldn't be missed. Not as short as number 5 but longer than number 2. Maren could tell you exactly which one she thinks it looks like. It looks nice, but both of us are kind of bummed that its going to be another 8-12 months before it has grown out enough to put curls in again.

I'm still in school. This summer semester is killin. Smash 16 weeks into 8. That with work and home projects, I'm getting pooped out. I'll be glad when the semester is over and I've got about 6 weeks to have a little more rest.

Maren had at one time told me that some people reading this blog were getting tired of hearing about our yard. Well guess what, pbbbt! on you all. People need to understand some certain things. People write about what is new going on in their lives. What they are proud of. Look at Shrek and Company and you'll find that Audi is proud of her kids. NOTHING wrong with that. That is what is going on in her life. Janna talks about her pregnancy and birth of her son. Congratulations, thats what is going on in her life. Jake and Chelsey talk about her pregnancy (though she hasn't updated it in about a month). We're all waiting to find out what she is going to have.

There are half a dozen if not more blogs connected to ours and everybody talks about what they are proud about. It doesn't matter if it seems like every post that someone puts up is about the same subject. That is what is important to them. It just so happens that Maren and I are in a situation where we are first time home buyers that need to finish certain parts of our house and lawn. We have two children that we are quite proud of. I am in school and Maren stays at home with the kids. That is what our life is about and what we talk about. To quote a line from Sense and Sensibility, " If you cannot find something nice to talk about, then talk about the weather."

I'm sorry if I come across as rude or snappy, but I am getting REALLY tired of hearing people tell Maren what she can or cannot write about. She is her own person who I care for very deeply and the people who talk to her that way are obviously don't see how those comments hurt her. She may delete this, I hope she doesn't. I personally, am still going to write occasionally, on what is important to me.

On that note, Maren and I decided to got the first time home buyers loan. We have given up on trying to seed the yard with grass. We have more weeds growing in our grass spots than grass and now our yard looks like we didn't even have it prepped. So we're going to be putting down sod.
We bought wood to put in the back deck and to finish the gutters. Now all I need is enough time to build the deck and get the gutters up. I actually got the back gutter up. All I have left is the side of the garage.

On this last Monday, Maren and I decided to clean out the garage, so we could put the wood for the deck and future fence in. Lo and behold, we found a couple of mice in there. I figured out where they were at and we were able to get one out, but the second hid in another spot and moved somewhere else by the time we got that spot cleaned up. On Tuesday, I happened to see some mouse turds at the bottom end of a rug we rolled up. So, I picked up the rug, took it out onto the driveway, and dropped it hard on the ground. As I unrolled it, there was our unwanted guest. Looking around like he had a concussion and stunned to see the sun. One patio broom later, the mouse was swept off of my rug and into the grass (weeds?) where the neighbor boy was mowing the lawn (weeds?). I honestly don't think that it got mowed over (to settle they nerves of all you tree huggers out there), but it doesn't need to be in my garage. All of the boxes I stored in the garage are now either checked for mice and then moved to the basement, (soon to be in the attic) or thrown away. All I have left to check is the shelves that I have my tools boxes on. Maren put out traps for them. We may go get some poison also. We're still discussing that.

Maren's grandmother came to town this week. Nathan is not sure of her yet. It has been two and a half years since we have seen her. But he sure likes the toy truck that she brought him. Its a Escalade with a horse trailer and makes sounds. It will be not soon enough until the battery dies.

Nathan has finally learned how to go poop in the toilet. It only took Maren and I about two years to get him to that point. The turning point was him listening to me talk to my Mother about how sad and upset I was that he just wouldn't do it. That and possibly the transformer that I got him as a reward if he would learn to go poop. It is his absolutely favorite transformer, bumblebee. Now all we have to do is keep reminding him to keep going in the toilet, because he knows that if he messes up, Maren and I will take away all of his transformers. He has 9 of the little buggers (they are his favorite toys, he even uses his hotwheels as tranformers).

Emmy is continuing to grow and develop. She has now discovered her feet. Right now, she has several things that go in her mouth: hands, feet, food, feet, pacifier, feet, bottle, feet. Did I mention feet? Her personality is continuing to show more and more. She sure is fun.

Comments

JT42 said…
way to be a man!! i'm proud of you for writing what you care about. that is the point of your blog is it not?? way to stick up for your friends too, i always feel stupid writing certain things because it always ends up being about the same things, but you're right, it's what is happening in our lives now and it's what we care about most!! can't wait to see maren's hair, i'm sure it's adorable albeit disappointing...i haven't even seen amy's yet. now that we're in IF we still don't see your families as much, so sad. although being a third wheel is hard. it'll be fun to have grass, hope that works well for you. let us know if you need help laying it (if you end up doing it yourself). hope school doesn't kill ya! :D
thanks for your post...i love straight forwardness!!
Um... who has been saying that they are tired of hearing about your yard and house? I thought maren just thought people might be sick of hearing about it...not that they really were saying it. hmm...some people's kids! well I can't wait to see your yard done... heck, i can't wait to see my yard done! hee hee