Just before Christmas we had a relief society lesson where we discussed what gifts we can give the Savior. It really made me think that more than "resolutions" this year, I want to set goals that are gifts to my Savior. I am overwhelmed when I think of what He has given me. I am spending this year working on a total me-makeover, trying to turn myself into someone more like who the Savior wants me to be.
At first I thought I wasn't going to post about my goals, thinking they were too personal, but I realized that none of them are big secrets. And as I have been listing my goals, and making a game plan for how to reach them, I realized that most of them call for me to enlist the help of others, either others who have mastered my goal, or others who are working towards the same goal.
I didn't want to overwhelm myself, I think it may be too late for that. I have 10 goals, and they divide evenly into two categories: Spiritual and Personal. I thought maybe that the personal ones were selfish at first, just things that I want to do, but as I read them, I realize that they are still going to make me a better person for my Savior, and aren't really selfish at all.
And so here they are. 10 goals I have set for myself this year, most of them will be impossible to measure progress, until the end of the year, when I look back and say "yes, I did better" or "nope, I suck".
Spiritual:
1. Pray more often and more sincerely
2. Study scriptures more diligently
3. Be a better mom - and find joy in my job as mom
4. Be more observant to others needs and serve more
5.Attend the Temple more regularly
Personal:
1. Lose weight - hopefully a minimum of 25 lbs
2. Blog Weekly
3. Finish writing a first draft of a story
4. Take at least one class of some sort
5. Be more productive with my time - clean and play more, less sitting and doing nothing.
I have a lot of thoughts on each of these, why they are important, how I am going to do it. I plan to start a journal to keep track of progress, plans, and ideas on them. I think I'll blog more about them later. Enough soul-baring for now. If you wanna be my buddy for any of them, or have thoughts or resources for any of them, please let me know - especially if you have thoughts on how to find joy in Motherhood - I think that will be my biggest stumbling block.
And to all of you - Good luck with your goals!!!
Comments