That's right. After 8 years of marriage, we decided it might be time to outgrow just one car. It worked in Rexburg where I could walk everywhere. It worked in Ammon because we could walk and one of us was always home. It worked here in the boondocks for 2 years because I just bummed a ride when I wanted to go to town and had no car. But between Nate being in school, and Andrew working in Pocatello, it just wasn't working very well any more. So we celebrated our anniversary a day late with some car shopping. We actually have been budgeting, planning and researching for a year. We knew what we needed, and after multiple revisions, knew what we could afford. We found a 2006 Ford Focus. By luck, it was white, so it won't feel left out with Mom's white Escape, Dad's white Ranger, or our white Explorer. It gets great gas mileage, is a manual, has a 6 CD changer, super tinted windows, and (to my utter amazement) heated cloth seats. Is that safe? I don't love driving it, mostly because I don't enjoy standards or tinted windows at night, but Andrew is very happy.
So this morning we are rushing to get ready for church. I forgot to set an alarm, and we got up 45 minutes before we had to leave. I had to be on time to play in primary, and it wasn't happening. Finally the kids and I were ready, and Andrew wasn't. There I am tapping my toes forever before I finally realize I could leave. So the kids and I load up and go in the Explorer. An hour later Andrew appears, with my keys, asking for his. The car only has one key, and Andrew's key chain has it. I had left him with my keys. He had to call my mom to come get him and take him to church. This two car business is going to take a little getting used to...
So this morning we are rushing to get ready for church. I forgot to set an alarm, and we got up 45 minutes before we had to leave. I had to be on time to play in primary, and it wasn't happening. Finally the kids and I were ready, and Andrew wasn't. There I am tapping my toes forever before I finally realize I could leave. So the kids and I load up and go in the Explorer. An hour later Andrew appears, with my keys, asking for his. The car only has one key, and Andrew's key chain has it. I had left him with my keys. He had to call my mom to come get him and take him to church. This two car business is going to take a little getting used to...
Comments