Skip to main content

Two Years

I was looking back at my blog posts from 2 years ago. We had just settled into the house. Em was tiny, and Nate still hadn't gotten the hang of pooping in the toilet (and had imaginary friends that instructed him to put a toy in his bum). Heather was getting ready to come visit me from Post Falls. We got a dog for a weekend, which was a nightmare because she was so psychotic. Janna was getting ready to have a baby, Andrew was finishing his RN, I was feeling good about life - Em was an easy baby, and I was shocked at how easy 2 kids were. We started trying (that's a loose interpretation) for a third, because we knew it could take a while.

So where are we now? What's changed? What's the same? Em is huge (she needs 4T clothes for the summer) and SASSY. That girl has quite the mouth. Nate got the whole bathroom thing worked out, and ditched "Mulan and Jafar". Heather is living here (in IF, not in my house), and I get to spend time with her most weeks. We have a permanent dog, and I am so glad, she is the best. Janna is getting ready to have a baby again, Andrew is working on his RN again (RN to BSN), and I feel good about life. I've really been trying hard to work on how I feel about my kids, take the time to love them and cherish the time we have. I still sometimes want to shake them or run away, but c'est la vie, no? We are still trying for a third, even though some days I secretly hope that we can't have more, and some days I cry because I want a house full of monkey-butts. I am loving the ages of my kids, I love that they can do chores, and I don't have to carry one around, and they can communicate and play on their own. All in all, we are happy. I am NOT looking forward to yard work like I was 2 years ago, but if we can get a few big things done in April and May, then maybe we can enjoy the summer, and that'd be a nice change.

I also nearly 2 years ago did this thing where I picked something about me or my life, or something I love for each letter of the alphabet. I am going to do it again, but I have NOT reviewed the one from 2009, I am curious to see what is the same and what has changed. At the bottom of this post I will have the link to the old one. And stay tuned this week for the reveal of Nate's bedroom redo. Woowee!

A Andrew, my one and only. Also Amys - I have a lot of Amys who are important to me
B Books - I love them. I am morally against ereaders. They don't look, smell, feel, or sound like a book. Reading a book is an experience that cannot be duplicated by electronics. I could do nothing but eat and read and be very very happy. Maybe.
C Curriculum - Preparing for homeschool
D Dog kisses. I love my mollywobbles. She makes all my lonely nights bearable.
E Explorer - my much bigger vehicle, that is wonderful to have. Not always wonderful to fuel, but nice regardless...
F FOOD. All of it. Especially Mexican....and Cheese. And chicken nuggets. And Blueberry Pomegranate Chocolate Chunk Light ice cream....
G Glee - I think I am about done watching the show, I was really disappointed this week, but I LOVE the music.
H Heather - My other one and only. The female version. "She is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don't know a better person."
I Internet - I may potentially be too familiar with it. But is so great for "R"
J Journal - this year I have written a little every day, and that's a big first for me!
K Kiddies - Nate and Em, the cutest in the world. As long as there is no puke....
L Love - it's what EVERYTHING is all about.
M Motherhood - a big focus for me as I work to find joy in my calling.
N Netflix - Very bad and Very good.
O Organ lessons - I've been trying to learn to play, it's a lot hard than I thought!!
P Pomegranate - MMmmm Good
Q "Quick as a bunny, hippity hop, lets go, move it move it!!!" - that's what I say to my sometimes uber slow kiddos.
R Research - I love to look things up, compare, study, plan, explore, and learn. Everything. You name it. The research is better than whatever I was planning, comparing or prepping for, guaranteed.
S Scripture study with Mik, Monday through Friday for 1-2 hours in the morning. I love you Mikki.
T Tunes - we love to crank up the music and dance in the kitchen, we love plunking on the piano, and singing in the car. who cares that we stink.
U "Until tomorrow" - what I say to my hubby when he goes to work, and what I say to the chores before bed.
V Vacation - an institution I have a new testimony of. Especially my new yearly tradition of going on one with Heather. And I want to do one with Andrew this year, and we want to do lots with the kids. I think the age of the kids is the difference ...
W Writing - I love reading so much, my head is full of story ideas, so I pretend I am a writer. Most of my stories never make it past the paragraph I jot down about my idea.
X X as in none, not at all. Thats how much crafting I have done since Super Saturday - But I think I am about to come out of that - my crafty self is about to come back.
Y You - if you are reading this I am grateful for you. I am glad to have such a wonderful network, and web of friends and loved ones. Thanks!
Z Zumba - okay, so I've only done it on the Wii, but how fun!!!

http://hendersonfamilychronicles.blogspot.com/2009/06/abcs.html

Comments

~Jenni M.~ said…
That was fun to read - it made me laugh! :) You're awesome! :)
Rose said…
That was so cute!! You make me want to be a better blogger. Your posts are so fun to read!!