Skip to main content

Bona Fide

A little known secret about myself: I want to be a writer when I grow up. Since the chance of me growing up is slim, I decided to go ahead and get started on that now. I even have a story in the works. It's about these people who can do this stuff, and then these things happen...Well, it's a little private right  now. I am shy, and lack confidence. What can I say?
Recently I have reconnected with a long time friend, who is not afraid or shy of her writing ambitions. She has started a writing blog with writing prompts, activities and her weekly writing contest, The Mighty Pen. This past week I entered and won! So I've written something, submitted it, and others can and have read it. As far as I am concerned, that makes me a bona fide writer. Maybe it will build confidence. Eh. Maybe not too much. But I am still going to wear my badge proudly, and you can read my entry here.

Comments

~Jenni M.~ said…
That was awesome! :) I really liked your ending! (well, I liked your whole mini story, but I never would have guessed at the final transformation!) :) You're amazing!!! I want to read more of your stuff!!!
Krista said…
Glad you finally consider yourself a writer! Yea!

I must say though, you have been a storyteller for quite some time - which is only one step away from being a writer.

Congrats!
Rose said…
Maren, you are so good at everything you do!! Great story! I love reading things you write!! Way to go!!