Skip to main content

Facebook Murdered Blogging

Someone else said it recently. It's easier to type a two line status update, than to make a blog post. Why? Do we feel like a blog post has to be wordy? Maybe my blog should murder my facebook, before the reverse can happen... And so in lieu of a creative, wordy blog, I present my Facebook status updates over the last few weeks...

Nov. 18:
Em has my ukulele out. She's singing the blues: I jump-ped on mom's laundry, she spank-ked my bum when I was jumpin' on furniture....

Nov. 22:
I asked the kids last night what they wanted MOST for Christmas, more than anything in the world. Nate can't decide (are we surprised?)... But Em knew right away. She wanted her own car with money in it so she can go buy things.

Nov. 29:
Got the Our Best Bites cookbook for my birthday (thank you sister Amy). I made Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos for dinner last night. What a hit!!! We will never buy frozed fried taquitos ever again!!!

Dec. 5:
Are you looking for a family activity in Idaho Falls tonight? Come to the Choralaires Christmas Concert! 7pm at the Hillcrest Performing Arts Center. It's free, and has a little of everything for everyone: Ballroom Dancing, Santa, Tear-Jerking Slideshow about Christ...You name it, we've got it. Plus I am singing, and that's a one-hit-wonder, folks. Oh, and my little Nader Tader is singing too. Really, you can't afford to miss it. See you there!!!

Dec. 12:
Trying to accomplish stuff, but between feeling less-than-fantastic because of this little cold, and Em being high-maintenance today...very little is being accomplished!

Dec. 15:
All he wanted for Christmas was to LOSE his two front teeth. Two in one day. Whew!







Dec. 19:
It's Naders birthday. Somehow, he has survived 7 years. One of us is getting old. Okay, maybe both of us...I think I should get a shirt for him that says "Been there, Done that, Threw Up".

Dec. 21:
Today is Heather's birthday. I am one of the last people to say something about it here on facebook, and I should have been the first. What's the holdup? The same reason I don't say much about Andrew on facebook. I feel this great pressure to find words describe who she is to me, and what she means to me. But words have failed me. There are no words in the english language. She's not my spouse, or my sister or my best friend, although in desperate times I have called her each of those things. To say I love her or appreciate her are gross understatements, as would be "Happy Birthday". So Honey, until the world invents words to express it, I Ostrich you, you are my Ostrich, and have a Ostrich birthday!

Dec. 21:
Attempted to make Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana for dinner last night. NEVER in all my years of cooking and baking has ANYONE ever gagged over every bite of my food. Thanks Em. Nate ate his and thought it was "pretty good", and Andrew had seconds, but thought that Olive Garden does it better. Looks like that recipe can be trashed.

Comments

I agree; FB murdered blog. So I said "Screw you FB" and I havn't used my account in 3 or so months. (I check every now and again for updates on my 10 year reunion)

Since that day, blog and I have "rekindled" our relationship and its turning out to be the best thing I did. FB has been a pain in the keister since day 1. Glad I am done with it.

I feel like I have "Vegetarian" bragging rights. I haven't eaten meat in X amount of time. Well I haven't used FB in X amount of time. So there LOL!