Skip to main content

Happenings

Guess What?

Chicken Butt!

Guess How?

Chicken Cow!

Guess Why?

COW PIE!!!!

I know, brings back memories, huh?

So, looking at my blog, and even Facebook, I notice I have been a little short on verbage lately. I've said very little about the happenings of our life, and I've said little about weird stuff lately too. Soooo...Let me try to catch up.

Andrew is in school, online, through BYU-Idaho, finishing his second bachelors, this time in nursing. He should be done in April. Online classes are a little hard for him, they just don't really suit his learning style. He really wants to to on to be a Nurse Practitioner, but there are a lot of factors to consider, and it is seeming PRETTY overwhelming to me. First, the only school in Idaho that has a NP program ONLY offers it online. Also, all schools are changing from a Masters degree to a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, which means it takes twice as long, costs twice as much, but only gets you an extra $5000 or so a year when you are done. Some schools are taking a little longer to change, is it worth getting in before a school changes? Or would he just not be competitive enough to get a job? Then, there are the availability and costs of programs...Some programs could cost upwards of $15,000 a semester, although if he could get in at BYU Provo it would be more like $2500 a semester. Then of course, we'd have to sell the house, and move away, and if you know me, you know that thought produces a panic attack. And Applications start going in in December, and some programs start as early as the end of April.
Stressed much? I think yes.

Spring has sprung, which means yard work. My grass is looking rockstar awesome this year, compared to the last few years, so I am working hard to keep that up. I am also trying to keep up with weeds, and our garden is planted, and 4 new trees, and a few rose bushes...Plus, we just got the stuff to finally build a "fort" - we need to get going, what a bummer if we take till fall to finish it, and then we were to move in April...

Everyone is getting out of school, and I'd say we are pretty much done with homeschool. Nate's going to Fairview in the fall, and we are all very excited. I feel like a total failure, but that is subject matter for another post. Em is going to have a rough time with him gone every day, and then she'll have a hard time with him coming home and taking her spotlight!

My dear friend Rose got a really great job, and I am glad for her, but sad for me, because I miss her. this summer while she and her husband are both working, Janna and I will be helping watch her 4 kids. My kids are stoked, and I am pretty excited. I hope to have some fun times. In my head we are going to have theme weeks, with lots of cool adventures. But i know me, and I'll spend HOURS planning and preparing these summer camp style weeks, and they'll get thrown out about 2 hours in.

Several of my friends have very unexpectedly found themselves expecting. It creates a lot of feelings in me, a lot of thoughts briefly run through my head, but what I really come back to, over and over, is that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing, he has a plan for each of us, and that is what is in their plan, and this is what's in mine. I was fully expecting to find out I was preggers tomorrow, on Andrew's birthday, because that's when I found out about Nate, 8 years ago, and that's when I found out about Em, 4 years ago, I have been waiting for Andrew's birthday 2012, since Em was one, and we had already been "trying" for 8 months. but I am not, I am in the dead middle of full blown visit from good old Auntie Flo. I am pretty sure that God's plan for us is whatever we DON'T expect or want.

Oh, and we bought a van. The Explorer sold several months ago, and a month later I found a van in my price range, and we felt good about it, so we bought it. It's been a little more trouble than we had hoped, but I think it will be good in the long run. When we bought it, they gave us a IOU on a bunch of little fix-it things, and it has spent more time with them than with us. Which would be tragic if they weren't loaning us a 2011 GMC Terrain, which Heather lovingly calls a Space Car. It took me days to find the door unlock button. It has a lot of mighty fancy doo-dads, and the kids love the "flip-key". Everyone will be sad to say goodbye to the Space Car.

Last, but certainly NOT least, my Heather is getting married!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy, Alan is so good for her,  and I love her, and I love him, and it's just good. Good good good. I've been helping a lot with scheduling and planning, and I am making her dress, it's going to be FAB-U-Lous!!! The only bad thing is I can't find a dress for ME to wear. I need a simple casual dress in a sage or olive/army green, and there is NOTHING. I found one, and ordered it from target, but got an email 3 days later telling me it was actually out of stock, and they were cancelling the order. Bah. So if you see something, let me know. Otherwise I'll make Andrew or Alan make me a dress!

Okay, I think that was enough verbage for now. My fingers are tired.

Comments

~Jenni M.~ said…
Love it! And I know what you mean about everyone around you getting pregnant... It seems like every month I think of some reason that we will find out this month we are finally expecting...and every month I get disappointed all over again. Thanks for the reminder that it's all in God's plan!
cre8ivesky said…
You always make me laugh and smile, Maren! Fun post :) What an accomplishment to sew a wedding dress!