Let's pretend you are lucky enough as a family to have the ability to choose where you want to live, and get a job there. You can go ANYWHERE. Where would you go?
Now pretend you currently have a good home, and live VERY close to all the important people in your life, in a town you have lived in most (or all) of your life, and you are happy.
And then one day you see a job opening in the kind of job you'd love to have, in the kind of town you'd love to live in, with the kind of houses and climate you'd love to have. It would mean a WHOLE change in life style, but that change seems pretty appealing. The ONLY downsides are the prospect of leaving the people where you are, and that you are already pretty happy where you are.
What do you do?
Well, apparently you apply for the job. And pray really hard that if it's meant to be, you get the job, and if it's not, that you don't.
I feel sick thinking of leaving the people here, My mom and dad live a block north, my sister and brother-in-law and nephews live a few blocks NE. My best friend of 14 years lives basically in my back yard. Andrew's mom, dad, and brother live about 3 miles down the road. When I go to church I see people I've known for 14 years. At walmart I am guaranteed to run into more than one person I know, and I like that.
But.....


McCall, Idaho - Population: Under 3000 - Massive amounts of snow - Nearest Walmart: 2 hours
WHAT?
Total life change.
To most people, highly undesirable.
To us? Highly Enticing.
7 hours from here.
Prayer is all we've got. I have no idea what I'd do if it was totally up to us.
And as a (somewhat) side note: Andrew also applied to 3 positions at the hospital here in town, which would mean NO move, and no more 55 minute drive (each way) to work.
Que sera, sera.
Now pretend you currently have a good home, and live VERY close to all the important people in your life, in a town you have lived in most (or all) of your life, and you are happy.
And then one day you see a job opening in the kind of job you'd love to have, in the kind of town you'd love to live in, with the kind of houses and climate you'd love to have. It would mean a WHOLE change in life style, but that change seems pretty appealing. The ONLY downsides are the prospect of leaving the people where you are, and that you are already pretty happy where you are.
What do you do?
Well, apparently you apply for the job. And pray really hard that if it's meant to be, you get the job, and if it's not, that you don't.
I feel sick thinking of leaving the people here, My mom and dad live a block north, my sister and brother-in-law and nephews live a few blocks NE. My best friend of 14 years lives basically in my back yard. Andrew's mom, dad, and brother live about 3 miles down the road. When I go to church I see people I've known for 14 years. At walmart I am guaranteed to run into more than one person I know, and I like that.
But.....
McCall, Idaho - Population: Under 3000 - Massive amounts of snow - Nearest Walmart: 2 hours
WHAT?
Total life change.
To most people, highly undesirable.
To us? Highly Enticing.
7 hours from here.
Prayer is all we've got. I have no idea what I'd do if it was totally up to us.
And as a (somewhat) side note: Andrew also applied to 3 positions at the hospital here in town, which would mean NO move, and no more 55 minute drive (each way) to work.
Que sera, sera.
Comments