Skip to main content

And I said to myself, "Self, maybe we should blog".

I was remembering last year, when it was SO hot, And I would sit in front of the fan, and I would blog. And because I was hot, I was a little random. Well, more so than normal. And I said to myself, "Self, it's a hundred fetching degrees outside, and it feels that hot inside. Maybe we should blog".

At this point we will NOT take note that I have stunk at blogging this year.
So. Updates.
Hmmm.

Our 4 year old refrigerator died. Sad times. They aren't supposed to do that after 4 years. So we had to buy a new one. And Andrew wanted an upgrade, so it's a lovely white french door model. Eh. It's a fridge.

We've been camping twice this year, both times with my parents. it's fun to camp with someone else. The first trip was a quick one to Palisades. The second one was this last week, we took a 4 day vacay to Alturus Lake, near Redfish Lake, and Sun Valley. We had a blast!
Which reminds me. A lot of women talk about their family's five year plans. Like being debt free, or being back in school, or owning a home. I've thought a lot about it, and I don't really have a plan, or even really big goals for myself or the family. Or I didn't, until this camping trip. Now I do. Our five-year plan is to have a camp trailer. A 19ish foot, sleeps 5-6, 1995 or newer, self contained trailer. Not a pop up. That's all.

We built a fire pit. We should use it.

Emmy talks nonstop, just to hear her voice. My ears ache at the end of the day. She had a bunch of dental work done in May, it was an outpatient hospital visit, and she was very good through it, and after. She was out running and playing that afternoon, despite my efforts to prevent it. She lost one of her crowns on the camping trip, and was very nervous about it the whole time. She is (almost always) a very happy person, and LOVES to help, especially in the kitchen. She sings ALL the time, including on the toilet and at 11pm, when she has been in bed for 2 hours and should be sleeping

Nate finished second grade, and is happy to be out and reading whatever he wants. He just read the first two Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, which are supposedly at about 5th grade reading level. His days consist of reading and legos. His third grade teacher is in our ward, and all of his ward friends will be in his class, so he is pretty excited. I am excited because I've watched Mrs. Fox, and I LOVE the expectations she has of her kids, of the way they should behave. I think it will be a great year.

Andrew is LOVING his new job at the hospital. He is working rotating shifts, which means one week he's on days, and the next week he's on nights. He actually gets to do his own scheduling, which alleviates a LOT of headaches. By January he'll be able to move to days or nights, and at this point we don't really know which will work better for us, for him. So I guess we'll watch it through the year. Andrew has also been working on little projects here and there, like some quilts. Keeps him happy.

I'm sewing away, and when I am not, I am procrastinating sewing away. I have a trillion other updates and thoughts, but I'll save them for the next post, most likely later tonight. Peace Out.

Comments