Well, okay, here we are again, and I have blogged the first and second weeks of the month now. Go me!!
Recent happenings: Andrew slid off the road on the highway (at the end of December), and did $2000 in damage to the SUV. Luckily our deductible was only $500. Unfortunately at the same time a wire in the drivers door got a short or something like that, and it drained the battery repeatedly. So the day we went to take it to the body shop it wouldn't start. We ended up with a total $900 in repairs between the accident, the short, and the battery, and no car most of the week.
We've also been looking a lot at cars for Andrew, we think it's finally time to become a two-car family. Maybe.
Andrew started school AGAIN. He now has a bachelors, a technical certificate, an associates, and is working on another bachelors, this time in nursing. After that: on to a masters and/or PhD. I am good with it. as long as he can work, and i can stay home, we're good. Honestly, I am a little jealous.
I am working really hard at planning to complete my goals. Yes, planning. Little implementation has happened, but hey, I have all year. :) I have some really great scripture study ideas, I have a story outline, and found some awesome software. I have already blogged twice in two weeks, so that's good. I have already been losing weight, mostly from cutting soda. So I guess there has been some progress.
I also have been making all sorts of plans for some woodworking I want to do. Like for my laundry room. And bedside tables....
Em's vocab exploded over night. I LOVE this age. She is intelligent, and cute and silly. I am so glad she's healthy. The kids had colds all December, and it's nice to see my happy kids again. Nate is loving school, and loves playing with his sister.
And I found out again this week that I am not pregnant. I skipped a month, and thought for sure this time I had it in the bag. In a few months we mark 2 years of trying. Some days it kills me, and some days I really hope that I find out I can't have any more. Two kids (one of each) is so tidy, easy, convenient. We are done being up at night, almost done with diapers, no baby furniture cluttering the house. I see people with a bunch of little ones and think MAN, glad I am not in their shoes, I couldn't do it. But then I see families with 4 teenage kids, and think THATS what I wanted. But God has other plans for me. Apparently he knew I couldn't handle 4 kids under 6. I really though hate feeling like people are looking at me and thinking that I am selfish and/or lazy for not popping them out. Sorry. They aint popping. And trust me, if I get preggo, you won't have to wonder, I can't keep that news in, EVERYONE will be the first to know. Until then, I keep working on enjoying my little family.
Recent happenings: Andrew slid off the road on the highway (at the end of December), and did $2000 in damage to the SUV. Luckily our deductible was only $500. Unfortunately at the same time a wire in the drivers door got a short or something like that, and it drained the battery repeatedly. So the day we went to take it to the body shop it wouldn't start. We ended up with a total $900 in repairs between the accident, the short, and the battery, and no car most of the week.
We've also been looking a lot at cars for Andrew, we think it's finally time to become a two-car family. Maybe.
Andrew started school AGAIN. He now has a bachelors, a technical certificate, an associates, and is working on another bachelors, this time in nursing. After that: on to a masters and/or PhD. I am good with it. as long as he can work, and i can stay home, we're good. Honestly, I am a little jealous.
I am working really hard at planning to complete my goals. Yes, planning. Little implementation has happened, but hey, I have all year. :) I have some really great scripture study ideas, I have a story outline, and found some awesome software. I have already blogged twice in two weeks, so that's good. I have already been losing weight, mostly from cutting soda. So I guess there has been some progress.
I also have been making all sorts of plans for some woodworking I want to do. Like for my laundry room. And bedside tables....
Em's vocab exploded over night. I LOVE this age. She is intelligent, and cute and silly. I am so glad she's healthy. The kids had colds all December, and it's nice to see my happy kids again. Nate is loving school, and loves playing with his sister.
And I found out again this week that I am not pregnant. I skipped a month, and thought for sure this time I had it in the bag. In a few months we mark 2 years of trying. Some days it kills me, and some days I really hope that I find out I can't have any more. Two kids (one of each) is so tidy, easy, convenient. We are done being up at night, almost done with diapers, no baby furniture cluttering the house. I see people with a bunch of little ones and think MAN, glad I am not in their shoes, I couldn't do it. But then I see families with 4 teenage kids, and think THATS what I wanted. But God has other plans for me. Apparently he knew I couldn't handle 4 kids under 6. I really though hate feeling like people are looking at me and thinking that I am selfish and/or lazy for not popping them out. Sorry. They aint popping. And trust me, if I get preggo, you won't have to wonder, I can't keep that news in, EVERYONE will be the first to know. Until then, I keep working on enjoying my little family.
Comments
I know how you feel about trying to get pregnant and feeling judged by others. I actually had a visiting teacher tell me "You guys need to start having more kids - get on that before it's too late!" She obviously had no idea that we've been trying for four years... But it's all in the Lord's hands!
Good job on losing weight! I've been trying, but not succeeding...
K, I'll end this book now... :)