Skip to main content

There's Just Too Much

I have a mile long list of things to blog about. I haven't done it yet, because I have felt like each one deserves it's own post. But that's overwhelming, so I stuck my head in the sand and said "maybe later". Well, I am tired of waiting for later, and a billion individual posts isn't going to happen. So they all get to share the limelight. And if you want some of the best news in my life, EVER, you'll have to read all of it.

We went camping last month. No, wait. In June? Well, whenever. It was jolly fun. Our first time with Emmy and Molly, and a big car. The mosquitoes probably could have hauled that car off, but other than that, we had a blast. The kids loved hiking, and the fire, and the tent, and the dirt. I am a little sad at the realization of how much work is involved as the parent. Regardless, we are going again this coming week. Probably.

We have started homeschool. There have been several set backs, and changes in plans. But over all, I think it is going to work just swell. Nathan is enjoying it. Em can't get enough of it, and I am keeping up. With it at least. Bathroom cleaning, not so much.

Grandma Pete (my Mom's Mom) moved back to town just before the 4th of July. She lived here with Grampa from the time I was about 15, until Grampa died in 2006. Then she moved "home" to Nebraska. She is a ... difficult person. It has proven to be...slightly difficult, or worse, at times, but also nice to have her. Em especially likes her.

Janna is about to have a baby. Not much more to say about that. Kian is due the 14th, she is scheduled for induction for the 6th, and she has had contractions off and on all week. This is her second baby. She was  a little bummed to be welcoming a second boy, but what can you do?

Mom is about to go under the knife - you know, that middle age female-ectomy. She is VERY nervous, but not because of the surgery, because she doesn't want to be done that long. I don't blamer her, but I am the same way and survived a C-section, so I assured her she could manage, and it was highly unlikely that she'd be in bed for weeks, simply because she doesn't want to be. I was making dinner my first night home. I was pacing the halls in the hospital because I couldn't just lay there, I wanted to be up, and working my body. The nurses thought I was a little loco. You and I know they are probably right.

Here it is, the best news of probably my whole life: Mikki just baptized his fiance, Amy, and confirmed her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There are several wonderful parts to that news. #1Mik is engaged. Very good news, Amy is wonderful, and has been wonderful for Mik. Right now the date is set for Janna's birthday, November 5th. #2 MIK baptized her. When he started dating her, he suddenly realized that there was no way that he wanted anything less than an eternal family, and began to change. The day he baptized her was one of the happiest of my life, for him and her, and I have NEVER been more proud of ANYONE in my life than I am of him.

Nate's wall is done, after many tears, and many lessons learned. I still need to finish curtains, and pillows, and get a second comforter, since we put his top bunk back up. But here you go:
Next up: Em's Room. Here's a preview:


Okay. I think that's it. Next time: Maybe my goals and success with General Conference. Maybe.

Comments

Mandi said…
Maren, that mural is stellar! LOVE it! Someday, when I have a house, I'll beg you to impart your lessons learned while painting that wall so I can have one of my very own. You are awesome!