My kids are full of it. Yesterday was one of those days I should have had a recorder going all day. I should have written some of it down, but I was too busy putting out their fires. Em was destructive. She ran around all day destroying things. My mom said it was for attention, but I know THAT was crap, because I tried to sit and hold and play with her, and she whined the whole time. Nate was...Nate. There are no words for his special spirit. He's creative, and bossy, and anxious, and sweet, and irritable. Huh. Sounds a little like his mom...
Anyway, I'm talking about the stuff they say. So here are my quotes, recorded for posterity, and your entertainment:
Me: Em, why are you sobbing (in the bathtub, while I wash your hair)?
Em: (WAAAAaaaaa) Mom, I am just SOOO BORED!!!!
Em: Hey, Nate, do you know what my favorite smell in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD is?
Nate: Um, no Em, what?
Em: It's LADY BUG POOP!
Me: Hey, I said no tv till your rooms are clean. Turn it off and get crackin'.
Em: I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT CLEAN ANYTHING, EVER!!!
Nate: (in an angry voice, with angry eyes, and angry gestures) HEEB shiDoobin NoomeeDAB!!!
I don't know what that means either. He's 7. When he is feeling spectacularly silly, or angry, he starts spitting out made up words. I think it's time to do some vocabulary building. That beautiful little weirdo.
Oi. Does your head hurt at the end of the day? Or your ears? Yeah. Mine neither.
Anyway, I'm talking about the stuff they say. So here are my quotes, recorded for posterity, and your entertainment:
Me: Em, why are you sobbing (in the bathtub, while I wash your hair)?
Em: (WAAAAaaaaa) Mom, I am just SOOO BORED!!!!
Em: Hey, Nate, do you know what my favorite smell in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD is?
Nate: Um, no Em, what?
Em: It's LADY BUG POOP!
Me: Hey, I said no tv till your rooms are clean. Turn it off and get crackin'.
Em: I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT CLEAN ANYTHING, EVER!!!
Nate: (in an angry voice, with angry eyes, and angry gestures) HEEB shiDoobin NoomeeDAB!!!
I don't know what that means either. He's 7. When he is feeling spectacularly silly, or angry, he starts spitting out made up words. I think it's time to do some vocabulary building. That beautiful little weirdo.
Oi. Does your head hurt at the end of the day? Or your ears? Yeah. Mine neither.
Comments