Skip to main content

Untitled

I like reading back on my old posts. I'm funny!

Well, I think I'm funny. Don't burst my bubble.

Andrew has put in applications to a bunch of jobs at the hospital here in town. The three other hospitals in the area have no openings, except for in Labor and Delivery. Not a real good match for my husband. Do YOU want him down there when you have a baby?

One of the local nursing homes closed down last month, so a whole bunch of nurses had to find jobs, therefore NONE of the nursing homes in the area are hiring.

The was a rare opening at the Site (Idaho National Laboratory) for a nurse, and he applied for that, but we haven't heard anything.

He has now been interviewed by the ICU and the ER at the local hospital. The ER interview was just yesterday, and he feels like it went really well. It would be a REALLY great job, and it would be REALLY great for him to get an offer in the next week or so. You know, so he can start getting paychecks BEFORE we run out of food or money. Or have to consider trying to sell our house, likely ending in a short sale, and sending us a day's drive away, and relegating us back to the land of renting, possibly forever. So, you know, Now would be a good time to pray. Or cross your fingers. Whatever you believe in...

I find myself grateful for some little blessings - Like that we DIDN'T find a second car. That we DIDN'T move to Pocatello. That I DO have a fairly good stock of food. That Andrew HASN'T taken a lot of time off recently, his PTO cash out will keep us going a little while.

I'm also super grateful for my rockstar husby, who has been great at helping out with the dishes, and laundry, and letting me run away regularly... It's good.

And I find myself especially hoping and praying that we can stay here, in our home, with Andrew well-employed, because my Heather and her new awesome husby are contemplating a home purchase - NEXT DOOR TO ME. Can you just imagine?

On a few unrelated notes - did you know that if you try to text some one, and tell them "I am so sorry" and you forget the space between "so" and "sorry", it autocorrects to "I am pornspy"?

Also, for the record, Em is sick. Again. A cold this time, with a low fever. So fun. She really plays it up.

Nate is in Second grade, back in public school, and having a lovely time.

We waste a LOT of time watching Phineas and Ferb. All of us.

And I thought this month would be THE month we would get pregnant, for sure, because we are unemployed, uninsured, and we just sold most of the last of the baby stuff at our yard sale. But I am sitting on the couch, popping the midol, SO NOT Pregnant.

Ugh. Painfully not pregnant. Blah.

So...I think that covers most of the updates. Questions?

Comments

Hey, I'm soooo not pregnant too. Hope you have some good news soon!
~Jenni M.~ said…
*hugs* I totally feel you on the being-so-sure-then-being-totally-ugh-about-not-being-pregnant thing! We are definitely praying for you guys - Life is super stressful when you lose your income, but I know that God will take care of you. You are amazing! :)