Well, big things folks!!!
First, our stake had some very uneven ward boundaries, as in ITTY BITTY wards, and GREAT BIG wards, so we had a realignment happen, and I got shuffled out of my ward, away from nearly all of my friends, and stuck in the ward on the other side of the highway. My mom, who lives a block north of me, was in a different ward. She got shuffled out of HER ward, and into the same ward as me! My dad is the Ward Clerk in the new ward.
While we are EXTREMELY sad to leave some of the people in our old ward, we are very excited about the new ward, and the change in general. We've learned in our little family, that change brings new opportunities, mostly good ones.
The new ward seems to have good energy, and we are so far very happy. Well, mostly.... :)
I got a calling! It's the same one I've had for years - Teaching 4th Sunday. I LOVE it!!! It was a little sad, because I thought "Well, I can do other stuff too!!!!" But I also know I love this calling and it's good for me. I love studying the talks, and I think I need that.
Andrew just got a calling too...He's teaching in primary! :) We're not sure how long that will last, because of his schedule as a nurse on night shifts, requiring two weekends a month, and he frankly is a little sad that he'll get stuck in there, and not have a chance to get to know the other men in the ward, but he's happy to serve.
My Mom got a calling, she's the Relief Society Emergency Preparedness specialist. At first she was a little worried that is was a joke calling, but I reminded her she can magnify the heck out of any calling, and I think she's getting more enthusiastic.
We also just had General Conference. I LOVE General Conference! I didn't use my printed note pages this year, I got a Moleskin journal, and it was the perfect size! The kids have learned that conference is time to listen and I only had to give angry an angry HUSH a few times. I love the talk by Elder Hales about General Conference. I loved the talk by Elder Holland about mental illness. I LOVED the talk by Elder Oaks about our first priority being following God, and how that connects to the laws. I LOVED the talk that warned about bondage, and I really loved the talks that were directed to the women of the church that think they need the priesthood.
I really want to start adding my studies of the talks to the blog, maybe as I prepare my lessons I can share what I learn. I hope. If you haven't read the talks, get going! They are amazing! They are scripture given to US!!!
I love them. :)
First, our stake had some very uneven ward boundaries, as in ITTY BITTY wards, and GREAT BIG wards, so we had a realignment happen, and I got shuffled out of my ward, away from nearly all of my friends, and stuck in the ward on the other side of the highway. My mom, who lives a block north of me, was in a different ward. She got shuffled out of HER ward, and into the same ward as me! My dad is the Ward Clerk in the new ward.
While we are EXTREMELY sad to leave some of the people in our old ward, we are very excited about the new ward, and the change in general. We've learned in our little family, that change brings new opportunities, mostly good ones.
The new ward seems to have good energy, and we are so far very happy. Well, mostly.... :)
I got a calling! It's the same one I've had for years - Teaching 4th Sunday. I LOVE it!!! It was a little sad, because I thought "Well, I can do other stuff too!!!!" But I also know I love this calling and it's good for me. I love studying the talks, and I think I need that.
Andrew just got a calling too...He's teaching in primary! :) We're not sure how long that will last, because of his schedule as a nurse on night shifts, requiring two weekends a month, and he frankly is a little sad that he'll get stuck in there, and not have a chance to get to know the other men in the ward, but he's happy to serve.
My Mom got a calling, she's the Relief Society Emergency Preparedness specialist. At first she was a little worried that is was a joke calling, but I reminded her she can magnify the heck out of any calling, and I think she's getting more enthusiastic.
We also just had General Conference. I LOVE General Conference! I didn't use my printed note pages this year, I got a Moleskin journal, and it was the perfect size! The kids have learned that conference is time to listen and I only had to give angry an angry HUSH a few times. I love the talk by Elder Hales about General Conference. I loved the talk by Elder Holland about mental illness. I LOVED the talk by Elder Oaks about our first priority being following God, and how that connects to the laws. I LOVED the talk that warned about bondage, and I really loved the talks that were directed to the women of the church that think they need the priesthood.
I really want to start adding my studies of the talks to the blog, maybe as I prepare my lessons I can share what I learn. I hope. If you haven't read the talks, get going! They are amazing! They are scripture given to US!!!
I love them. :)
Comments