Skip to main content

The Things My Momma Dun Teached Me

I'm jumping on the bandwagon - this month I am going to post every day on something I am thankful for...

#1 - I am thankful for the things my mom taught me, the way that it prepared me for my future. She taught me early to cook, clean, budget, sew, shop, make things do, make things up, substitute, fudge and tweak. She taught me to love reading, history and learning in general. She taught me I can learn anything, anytime. She taught me it's okay to love someone, and not always like them. She taught me that marriage is mostly mutual toleration, and motherhood is mostly endurance, and that it's okay to feel that way. Everything I needed to know, I learned from my mommy. And I am thankful I learned it while in my early youth.

Comments

Nick and Jules said…
I love this post Maren! I'm glad that I clicked on your blog link! Thank you!