Skip to main content

The Hills Are Alive

I am SO grateful, on this, the 10th Day of Thankfulness, for Music. I am grateful for how it feels as it comes into me(through my ears, folks, if that isn't clear), I am grateful for how it feels inside of me, and how I feel as I release it (that would be out my mouth, y'all).  I feel the spirit more through music than any other source. Music has incredible power to affect people and inspire action. I have been singing in a real live choir (as opposed to a fake dead one?), and didn't realize that I had forgotten how much I do love the way it feels when you get the notes and words and tone and blending right.

PS, shameless plug...







It's free, it gets you in the holiday spirit, and you get to see me. (and my sister. And about 48 other women...)

And in parting, I'd like to share some thoughts on music. You can pretend I am singing this to you. Or not, maybe you'd rather I didn't...




Through all the tumult and the strife

I hear the music ringing

It finds an echo 

In my soul 

How can I keep from singing?













Comments

Rose said…
Your singing was beautiful!! (I chose to hear is sung!)