Skip to main content

Pictures - You know, those things I don't take...

I am BAD at taking pictures. No, I am not bad at taking them, I do ok WHEN I take pictures. I am bad at wanting to or remembering to. Which is BAD, because I have studied photography for years, and have dabbled in wedding and family portraiture (NOT professing to be good at it!). Here's my excuse: I hate ruining the moment. I hate taking pics on Christmas morning, because I have to break away from being amazed at what Santa brought, or opening those stupid plastic encased toys, to take a picture. I hate having to stop things while I run for the camera, wait for it to be ready, and then take forever for the shutter to snap the pic. I never make it. I REALLY want to be better, but...well, let's fight the important battles first, okay?
That said, I found a few loose photos on the memory card. For posterity:

Did I ever even blog about our trip to Utah in October (or Knocked Over as Em calls it?) This was a a fun place in St George, where a company that rents out jump houses has turned their warehouse into a money-making blow-up wonderland, instead of just letting them sit around unused. The kids played HARD!



This is the top bunk of Nate's bed, and Aunt Heather, and a great game that involves toilet paper, toothpaste and silly hats...It's called Aliens On a Pirate Ship. Don't ask for details, I'd have to kill you.

Christmas Morning - That's about all I got, we got busy. 


This was just last week - she's apparently a Toilet Paper Monster. Looking at this picture I have an incredible urge to go fix her hair....Bless her heart.


This is Andrew's artwork - He is taking a Home Sewing class this semester, and made this quilt. We are just finishing quilting it. By hand. And I KNEW there was a reason I had always machine quilted...
But it's beautiful. I am so proud of my little sewer. No not that, that looks like he carries toilet water. Seamstress isn't right. Seamster? Nope....Huh. Well, he sews, and does a great job.



And this is the inspiration piece for the quilt - that's right, I have left the orange house behind, everthing is going red, and gold, and a little sage...This is my beautimous new couch. It's red. And it reclines. What more can a girl ask for? Oh, and it's a Lane and was $500. That was really good too!!!

More to come...I am sure. I still have just over 2 weeks left of NO Facebook. I feel so out of the loop.
I have a billion crafty projects to work on, and maybe share, if I remember. We have some nice weather to play outside this week, I hope. And my best friend has FOUND A MAN. And I couldn't be happier!!! No, I couldn't be happier!! Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true....
I'll stop singing. Bet it's stuck in your head now!!!!

Comments

cre8ivesky said…
Have I told you that I think your little girl is the cutest ever? :) She's fun to watch in Primary! And what a great couch! Love the red :)
Rose said…
HA HA HA!! Yes it is stuck in my head...maybe because I have been practicing today? no? Eh oh well! Love the couch and the quilt!!
Love that you shared pictures!
~Jenni M.~ said…
I laughed out loud multiple times while reading your comments and thoughts! :) Thanks! ;) (I especially loved the comment about your sewer!) :)